Monday, November 19, 2018

Happy Monday! And Thanksgiving week...


It's a new day - a new week, and the holiday's are starting!!  For those of us who look forward to this time of year, it's awesome.  😊  for those of you who dread it, I'm soooo sorry!!  It will all be over in about six weeks...  take some valium, drink lots of hot chocolate and listen to your favorite music, binge watch the Terminator and you'll make it through.  😈

So, today there were just three things I wanted to mention:

Rocky and Bullwinkle Day - how many of you remember these two??  I remember watching them on Saturday morning.  They were one of the more sillier cartoons, lol.

The attempt at a movie was a trifle disappointing, although Brendan Fraser did a good job.  😊  
and a little side note - soap box -  It's kind of strange when you think about it...the old cartoons that I grew up with were better in some ways than what they have on now, and yet, there were bad stuff about them too.  I have a hard time watching Road Runner ones because the coyote is always getting hurt, and the Mikey Mouse one's aren't much better...  there were always someone being bullied, or beat up, or buildings falling on them.  Ever watched the new little short called "Get a Horse" ??  The saving grace was that they were obviously cartoon, not trying to be anything else.  sigh.  Okay - off the soap box, and onto positive.  :)

World Toilet Day - I have to say that I think this was one of the best inventions ever.  Even an out house was better than trying to find a tree (anyone go camping where they had to dig their own???)  And indoor plumbing was an even more wonderful idea!!  I can't imagine having to run to an outhouse in the middle of a blizzard!!  UGH.  Or pouring rain...  Can we all praise running water and indoor bathrooms??  YES! 
and so...to celebrate the invention of the toilet...we'll share a poo pouri commercial... lol   I remember when I first saw these, I couldn't believe they were for real...  But, they are.  My sister has them in her cabin down at Fish Lake, lol.  Personally, I think bathroom windows were the second invention that was wise... 😊


national Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day - and last, for those of you who love their beverages...especially those like my brother who pretty much have Pepsi for blood... lol - here's your day.  Here's to you!!  Go make a run and grab your beverage of choice and toast to life.  It's all good!!  😊

Have a great day, and wonderful Thanksgiving!!  






No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...