Thursday, November 08, 2018

Happy Thursday!

I know...who is ever excited about Thursday??  But hey, it's one day closer to the weekend, the middle of the week is past, and it's an all around good day!  So, happy Thursday to you.  So...in looking at Brownielocks site, there was only one thing that caught my attention.

Today is Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day.  Well...that got the imagination going.  What's considered pungent??  Is that just something wonderfully aromatic?  Or is it a strong, perhaps not necessarily pleasing smell?
Well, it immediately brought to mind a skit Studio C did a couple weeks ago that covers this very same subject...

It's so funny...Stephen actually cracks.  :)

According to Nibble, it's also National Cappuccino day...so if you're a coffee lover, there ya go.  :)  I was talking to a new teacher yesterday that moved here from Arizona, and she was like - "no one drinks coffee here.  They all drink soda!"  I had to laugh, because the soda thing has totally popped up in the last what - five to eight years?  I mean, most everyone used to just buy soda at the stores, or at 7-11, right?  but now you have Fizz, Sodalicious, Twisted Sugar, Sonic has a small little neighborhood thing that focuses on soda, etc.  It's crazy.  I can't believe the amount of money people spend on it.  But - I was thinking there's still Starbucks in almost every Smiths - let along at least one per city...Grounds for Coffee...and lots of little tiny huts that have the roasted bean.  My daughter drinks coffee, and my granddaughter thinks we're strange because we don't, although she does like the hot chocolate we'll give her instead.  I can't imagine her hyped up on caffeine...  it's like the kid out of Iron Giant...

right?  lol

Personally, I like hot chocolate, and Postum or Pero.  You can add flavors and spices to Postum and Pero just like coffee, and I think it's awesome.  My hubby and I thought about opening up a postum/hot cocoa book store one time...but realized it wouldn't be very popular.  We'd never know if the coffee was made right... lol

Well...have an awesome Thursday!

oh, and PS - in case you hadn't noticed, I changed the name of my blog - again.  What can I say...it needed something.  :)


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...