Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years Ago Today...



I am not what most people would consider an extremist. I am what Glenn Beck talks about when he says most people are conservative, and not into protests or other activism. But there are things that touch my heart, and bring worry and concern into my life.

8 years ago, I was getting my children ready for school when my husband called me and said to turn on the news, a plane had flown into the world trade center. My world was rocked -- not because I actually knew anyone that worked there or lived in New York, but because such a thing could happen.

I turned on the news and was just in time to actually watch the other plane fly into the second tower.

I stayed glued to the television for the rest of the day. Our peace, our safety as a nation had been threatened, and it was the scariest thing I had ever experienced.

The rest of the week I remember how quiet the skies were, except for when the air force was flying over head. That was a wonderful sight. Never before have I been more grateful to be next to an air base.

What saddens me, is how quickly people forget. I have no reason to remember other than those people didn't deserve to die. Terrorism shouldn't be allowed to be active in the world. People all over the world should have the peace of mind of freedom and happiness. But instead, our nation is facing it's darkest hour, and there was no terrorist act perpetrated. Just government.

But I don't want to talk politics today -- I just want to remind everyone what happened that September morning eight years ago, and remember what you felt in your hearts. Say a prayer for our nation and the healing of those families who had loved ones die.

Remember who you are and what you stand for. Remember 9/11.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...