Thursday, March 04, 2010

Okay...disappointment

I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Julie and Julia this past weekend. I was thrilled to finally have some time to read on Monday night (after FHE)and I pulled out the book, got settled in my comfy chair and started reading. Ugh. I made it through the first chapter and struggled toward the second and then gave up and went to something else.

While the writer has character in her writing, she uses too much sexual references and language for me. I'm very happy I saw the movie first -- I wouldn't have watched it if I had read the book first. sigh. So, now I have my hands on Julie Child's memories of France. I'm hoping it's a little more readable... Oh, such a joy to be able to read again!!! And I have LOADS I have to read...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...