Friday, October 26, 2018

And it's Friday...at last!

This has been a crazy week.  I'm not sure if it's the combination of work and facepainting, which I haven't really had before, or if it's work and the kids all pumped for halloween...but whatever the combination, it's been there!
so...here's some things to lighten up your day...help you ease into the weekend so to speak...

Frankenstein Friday - everyone is gearing up for Halloween...so hopefully you are watching all your favorite scary movies.  Depending on who you talk to, this is supposed to take place on the 29th, but I'm sure this was to rhyme with Friday bit.  They did it to honor Mary Shelley.  I'm not a huge fan of Frankenstein, but hey, I know there are loads who do.  My favorite version is in Van Helsing.  :)
and I have to share a clip of my old time favorite TV show when I was a kid...  (along with I love Lucy and Giligans Island...)  The Munsters!!


Howl at The Moon Night - my hubby says he's a werewolf, so if you are one of the pack, this is your night to howl.  It should be almost a full moon...it seemed pretty full this morning.  I think my favorite werewolf is the one from Hotel Transylvania... if the one in Harry Potter hadn't been so weird, I would have liked it too.  The one in Van Helsing is good...


International Bandanna Day - international bandana day??  Okay, really folks.  Bandana's are just squares of cloth that we use to accessorise or in the most real sence, as a hankercheif. 

National Breadstix (Bread Sticks) Day - one of my favorite things...  in fact I made some on Wednesday.  We used to make awesome bread sticks when we had our pizza store.  We made alfredo cheese sticks...and they were to die for.  sigh.  we had loads of fun with our bread sticks...we'd twist them...we'd add cinnamon sugar to them...  If I had time tonight I'd make some more, but I'm gonna be face painting and then going to a family party.  If you make some up, let me know!!

National Pumpkin day-  I didn't think there was more than one pumpkin day - I mean, isn't thanksgiving kind of a pumpkin day??  I love pretty much everything pumpkin.  Don't you??  Pumpkin bread, pie, cookies...  I think I'm hungry.

National Pretzel day - did you know these were invented by monks in 610 ad to encourage children to memorize bible verses???  I had no idea.  The name came from an Italian word that means children praying, because the shape is similar to folded arms.  The Nibble has a great background on them... Well... that's your bit of trivia for the day.  :)  Another reason to like pretzels!!  Do you like the hard ones or the soft chewy ones?

and because it's Friday we have to have some party music...or something.  So - in the spirit of Halloween and the movie we were watching recently... Hocus Pocus!

unfortunately it's really grainy and not the best... sorry.  so, then there's another great one that we haven't watched in a while, but I do love this song!!!

that's right - Beetlejuice!!
What's your favorite not horror Halloween movie??  Of course you could do a Harry Potter marathon...
or there's the old original wonderful show...the Adams Family!


Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...