Tuesday, October 30, 2018

It's Tuesday!! And all hallows eve...eve

Happy Tuesday!  And almost the end of October...  I can't believe how fast this month has gone.  And we've had such a gorgeous fall! It's definitely getting colder and darker and ready for Halloween...lol.  My grandkids can hardly wait.  We're having a double bday party on Halloween for my two youngest ones.  I figure that's a good day for a party, right?  We're going to watch Hocus Pocus, which they haven't seen yet.  Since we never get trick or treaters, it should be a quiet night.  What are your favorite things about this time of year?   

Well...in case you need something to brighten your day, here's some fun stuff:

Checklist Day - Are you a checklister?  I sure am!!  There's nothing like checking off an item that you've done to prove to the world that you actually did something productive!  That you achieved what you set out to do! I'm one of the people that they created all those magnet note pads for - and who hates them because they never are strong enough to stay where you stick them and end up on the floor anyway...but I digress.  Today is your day!  Make those lists and check them off.  You are the boss!

Create A Great Funeral Day - This is kind of strange, when you think about it, but it's a good thing to plan.  What do you want to happen at your funeral??  What do you want your obit to say?  My hubby has informed me that he isn't going to hold a funeral for me, it's going to be a first class wake with all my paintings and books lined up and available to see and lots of music and food and fun - a big party that I would have loved to be part of.    😊
He, on the other hand, wants to be buried in a box with no funeral.  I've told him he doesn't quite get his way if I'm alive when he goes.  I'll probably do more of a wake for him too - though he's not the party animal that I am.  So - what is it you want people to say about you when your gone??  This is your opportunity to decide.  Do you want to be known as someone who was kind, and did service and was faithful?  Do you want people to know what's deep inside??  How will you let them know that?  This is your moment of introspection if you want it...   My dad wrote his own obit and made us promise to keep it as he wrote it.  We mostly honored his request - though it was hard.

Haunted Refrigerator Night - okay, this sounds like Fred the Drier to me.  I don't know if I've already told the story of Fred the Drier, but it started several years ago when my kids were little and we'd go see Grandma and Grandpa on Halloween.  It was started by accident, and then kept going when it was realized how much fun the kids thought it was.  Every year the kids would feed candy to Fred the Drier to keep him happy.  It wasn't until everyone was grown up that it came out 'Fred' was one of my brothers talking through the drier vent, lol.  It was awesome.  However - this is really about cleaning out the back of your fridge.  I think it is scary if this is the only time of year that it gets cleaned...  😜

World Audio Drama Day - Which was before my generation, lol, but I've heard good stories about it.  We still listened to records (yes, what vinyl was called in the rock ages) that had stories on them.  We used to listen to Bill Cosby spin tales on record and cassette or 8track.  But I think the early years of radio entertainment was the true audio drama.  And I love the scene in Christmas Story where he is listening to Little Orphan Annie so he can be part of the exclusive club...


National Candy Corn Day - so...my most hated candy ever...  (shudder...ugh)  is some of people's favorite.  I just don't understand it - it has no flavor, it's just sugar - I'd rather get my sweet in other ways.  sigh.  Anyway, thought you'd have fun with the video of how it's made...


Buy a Doughnut Day - was started in 1938 by the Salvation Army to honor the 'doughnut lassies' who handed out doughnuts during WWII. 
Apparently this is more widely recognized on June 1st...but it doesn't hurt to buy doughnuts today.  :)  Think Bowman's will have any doughnuts left at 7pm tonight???  sigh.

Have a great day!



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...