Thursday, February 07, 2019

It's still winter...

I get tired of titling my posts the same.  Happy Friday, Happy Monday, Hump Wednesday...yada yada.  I'm thinking you're tired of seeing it!!  So I'm trying to be more inventive in the greeting...  We'll see how it works.  Hopefully you're having a great day - it's one of the days I like.  Still kind of snowy-ish...still snow on the ground, still a little nip in the air, but the roads are mostly clear and travel is safe.  Life is good.  :)

I've had just a little time this week, that's why you've been able to hear from me each day so far.  I don't know how long this will last, I'm usually busier than this during my day.  guess we just take advantage, right??

So, not a lot of stuff that's exciting, but a couple of fun items to celebrate today.

Ballet Day - I love ballet.  When I was a little girl, it was my dream to be a ballet dancer.  I'm talking like 5 years old, lol.  My father, who wanted me to be happy, even though he knew it was unlikely given 1- that I was a heavy child and not the most graceful, and 2- that we didn't have the kind of money it would take to have lessons; purchased me a slipper box.  It was the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen, and I would carry it around.  I don't remember ever having slippers, or ever dancing, lol, but I loved that box.  And my dad.  :)  Anyway - one of my favorite ballet dancers is Mikhail Baryshnikov.  He is simply amazing.  I loved him in Nutcracker, and in White Nights.  Not necessarily a ballet movie, but it showed grace.


Dry Bean Day -  I think this is a reason to have homemade chili... but don't forget to soak the beans!!  One more reason to love my electric pressure cooker, lol.  You don't have to presoak!!  Or, you don't have to soak all night!  However you cook them, dry beans are the most economical way of cooking. 

Harry Potter Book Night - I'm guessing this is a promotion of getting back to the book...away from electronics type thing.  Personally, I love the books far more than the movies - though the movies have rounded out the characters a little for me.  Tonight would be a good night to curl up on the couch and read.  No way you could get through more than one...and perhaps not even one, depending on your reading speeds.  But enjoy!!  I guess you could always cheat and just watch the movies, lol

Laura Ingalls Wilder Day - Of the authors I read in my childhood, she is one of my favorites.  I am currently having my granddaughter read the first book of the Little House on the Prairie series, and it's been fun having her little voice reading it out loud.  I ask her if she understands a word, or sometimes she asks what it is they're talking about.  It's such a great read.  I highly recommend them!!  She was an amazing person, and a lot changed in her world from the time she was born.

National Periodic Table Day - I wasn't going to mention anything about this, I'm not a science aficionado, but I know some of you are into science and would like nothing better than a reason to give a shout out for the elements.  Here ya go...  Be the Big Bang in your life...  :)  I tried to post a periodic table meme that shows a tetris like feel, lol, but I couldn't get it to copy.  You can find it... 


Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbor's Day -  We don't have fences in my neighborhood.  Most of the houses are on acre lots, and it's a little expensive to have them.  Some of the newer ones have put them up...and one on the corner has a cement thing that only goes down the public side... but my hubby says fences make for bad neighbors.  I'm not sure - I grew up with fences, they set clear boundaries to peoples property and stuff.  But since today is wave all your fingers, (not just one, apparently) I'm reminded of Wilson from Tool Time.  He was always the best neighbor...



National Fettuccini Alredo day - and last... we come to one of my MOST favorite foods (besides pizza).  I love alfredo sauce.  Don't you???  I mean...doesn't everyone??  It's so creamy, and lucious and it goes with noodles or breadsticks... I love it mostly with chicken and broccoli, but it's good with shrimp or just about anything.  I found a recipe that doesn't call for cream (which is probably sacrilege, but ya know...) that I'm hoping to try tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes...

Well, that's today.  Hope it goes great for you!  Here's a little sunshine for you...


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...