Thursday, February 21, 2019

Welcome to winter wonderland!

or at least, that's what it feels like this week.  We've had some awesome snow this week, and people have started complaining.  Um, people, we're still in winter here!  Why do you think the Olympics are held in February??  And we need the moisture here, anyway - so no complaints from me.  :)

It's gorgeous today, with the sun coming out and sparkling all over the snow.  It was really pretty on Tuesday, the sun was out, but it was snowing little light sparkly flakes...and it was sooo cool.  It was like everything was being dusted with fairy dust.

Well... there wasn't anything I wanted to suggest to celebrate today, except one thing.  It's National Sticky Bun Day!! When I looked it up on The Nibble, they had a little discourse over what makes a sticky bun versus a cinnamon roll.  See what you think.  It always  makes me think of Ground Hog Day, (the movie) where she's telling the waitress that the sticky buns are to die for...
How is that for something to run out and eat??  Personally, I don't know that I've ever had one.  I'm thinking I'll have to see what I can come up with today.  I've always had cinnamon rolls, but nothing that was classified as a sticky bun. 


And for those of you who are trying to be/eat healthy... well, have you tried freeze dried apple slices??  they are awesome too...  :)

Have a good one!



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...