Tuesday, December 17, 2019

One week to go...

And I'm not ready.  It hit me last night, and I almost panicked.  I mean...I've been kind of floating along on the sea of our crazy life and realized that I haven't done a lot of shopping.  And it's too late to really to it online...so that means I'm going to have to brave the stores..  UGH.  Not looking forward to that at all...  I usually do everything I can to avoid shopping this time of year... and I have grocery shopping to do as well...  sigh.

Well, there hasn't really been much to comment on celebrating day wise this week, yesterday was anything covered in chocolate day.  I promptly went home and dipped one of the gingerbread cookies we made on Sunday into some melted chocolate.  Wasn't as good as shortbread, but still worth eating.  :)   Today has only two things...

A Christmas Carol Day - I'm not sure what that's about, but since it's one of my favorite Christmas mvies, I figured it was worth mentioning.  I know it was published on the 19th almost 200 years ago, but they don't say anything about it on the 19th, so I guess they promote it today.  If you haven't read the book, only watched the movie - you're missing out.  The book is a good read, and it's a short one.  Take a day of Christmas and read it, you'll see the true story that is mostly put in the movies.  I had no idea it was meant as a social commentary and a call to repentance on child labor!!  Interesting.  My favorite version is the one with George C. Scott.  I think he plays a definitive Scrooge.  The new one called the Man Who Invented Christmas with Christopher Plummer, is pretty close.  




Which one is your favorite?  I didn't like the one with Jim Carrey...ugh.  And the one with Patrick Stewart didn't really feel right either...

Maple Syrup Day - Real maple syrup, as in the stuff from trees, is what we're talking about here.  I have discovered that it's great on oatmeal! and it's a great sweetener instead of sugar.
I used to think it was too runny and didn't like it as well as my homemade, but I like it better now.  (However, we've discovered butter syrup, and make that more than use the maple stuff, lol)

So, hopefully you're doing better than I am, and are ready for the holiday, come what may.  :)  Since I'm trying to be positive today, I'll say that it's all good - it's not about the presents anyway - it's about our savior Jesus Christ and His birth, and I'm always ready for that!!
Have a wonderful day!  I'll leave you with some Christmas spirit.



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...