Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy Summer Vacay! sort of...

So - I've been home off work for three weeks now, and it's gone by soooo fast!  I can't believe it's the middle of June already.  We took a weekend the first week and went to Brian Head.  I've never been there, and it was fun, but the condo we rented was SO small...  the bathrooms were a closet (as far as the toilets) and the 'deck' was only big enough for the decorative table and chairs that no one could sit in, lol.  But it was gorgeous as far as decor, and we spent most of the time going down to Cedar City or going to Bryce Canyon, so it wasn't a terrible thing.
It was fun to have the time with my daughters, if it was only two of them.  We did a video chat with the third one, so that was kind of fun, the four of us for a couple hours.
But you know, I think that's kind of the way of life.  You have lovely daughters that you raise and try to dress cute, and do curls in their hair and bows and all...and then they start growing up and suddenly don't like you very much and then leave the nest.  They get married, have their own children, and suddenly you discover that you have precious granddaughters to cherish as you did their mother.  And as those daughters grow and mature, they come back a little, until you hear them tell their children that she likes to hang out with her mom as much as they like to hang out with her.  
It's an awesome feeling - knowing that your children love you as much, possibly, as you love them.
And then my hubby brought the grandkids down on Saturday so we could spend the rest of the weekend together.  We took them to Bryce Canyon, and it was soooo windy!  But it was perfect weather.

The last day as we were leaving, was a snow storm.  I had to laugh...we were way up high.  Brian head is almost 9,000 feet.  Where else in June, right?  

One of the rules of the weekend was no politics and no Covid 19 talk.  There had been sooo much of that the week before, and we just wanted to disconnect from everything.  It was hard to come back and I did avoid the computer for a bit.
Now we're a week later, and I realized that I hadn't written to all my friends in a while, so figured I'd better get it done.  We have been very blessed in this land, and now it's coming apart at the seams.  I hope all of you reading this (which I know isn't many, but still) are healthy, and safe.  I hope you have faith and are holding onto the Lord and His peace, because there's nothing else out there that's going to help us.
Take care...keep smiling, and remember that family is all, and love keeps us all sane.
Last Friday we went to the "poppy fields" which turned out to be a small group in a roadside bit north of Brigham City.  I'll leave with some of those pictures...  Enjoy!





No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...