Thursday, May 21, 2020

Another Thursday... and life continues!

Okay - so, we had a great rain storm last night - I love this time of year when everything is green, makes me think of Oregon/Washington and how amazing that was.  I remember when my hubby and I went on a cruise a couple years ago out of Seattle and my niece took us to the ship.  Driving through her neighborhood was like driving through a forested place where you could hardly tell where the streets were.  It brought back lots of memories.  I loved it.  :)

I was going through my desk calendar my hubby got me for Christmas, which is a Bob Ross little flip calendar with different thoughts and paintings each day.  The one for earlier this month made me laugh...



I never thought about naming my brushes!!!  I do have some favorites in my facepainting ones...and lately in my regular ones.  So, I made up my own gif...


What do you name??  My kids name their cars, and I think they got that from their dad who used to name his cars.  He's named mine 'Diva', but he hasn't named his or his truck.  But the kids still name theirs.  I haven't really named anything that's inanimate at this point.  I know some people name their sourdough starters, and that cracks me up. 

Just for grins last Saturday, we went to Grannie Annie's now that everyone is sort of open for dinning in.  If you've never been there and decide to venture in, just be prepared for portions that are the size to feed Hagrid.  My omelet was the size of the platter/plate...and my sons pancakes were this...

I makes him look like a little kid in this photo, but he's over 20, so you can see how huge they are.  He ended up taking one of them home.  The cinnamon roll we ordered was almost the size of a single pancake, and three of us munched on it.  So... just be prepared.  :)

Today doesn't have a lot of note to share as far as celebrations go, but there are a couple things. 
National Wait Staff Day - and I think this is especially pertinent for the past 2 months.  Be appreciative of those people who serve you...they deserve good tips!!  Most of them have been out of work for the past pandemic closure...

It's also End of the World or Rapture Party Day - which is kind of funny.  One of my coworkers was telling me had an interesting class at Weber this past year.  She took an English Apocalypse class.  As part of the class, they were assigned movies to watch and reports and all that.  Well...the 9th week into the class, the syllabus has them watch Contagion.  I haven't seen it - but I have watched the trailer.  She said it was crazy.  The professor said that he wasn't psychic, and didn't know the future, it just happened that the week fell on the time when everyone was worried.  This was the second week of March...  He told the class that it was no big deal, they shouldn't have to worry, everyone seemed to have a handle on it.  Then Friday the 13th everything shut down.  It was pretty ironic and bizarre at the same time.  I thought this scene where their in a grocery store and the shelves are ransacked was pretty similar...  Whats even more crazy is this was made in 2011.  So...  what's next, Zombies??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oyxr6T4URrs?start=165" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So...  on a lighter note, it's also National Strawberries and Cream day.  Now that's a day to celebrate!!  I even have strawberries!  Hmmm... but, does it count if it's whipped cream??  

So- to leave on a little brighter note - I discovered this video by MercyMe this week, and it's been my favorite of all time - I've been playing it like every day.  Some of you have probably already seen it, but I don't think it gets old. 
Side thought...  I think we've been pretty fortunate in this go round of the 'shut down'.  At least where we live...  we haven't been confined to our homes, we haven't been unable to buy food - I think most of us have had supplies.  I know some have experienced great challenges in relation to it, and some still are - But I and my family have been greatly blessed.  Enjoy!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxbfyt8Rraw?start=165" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...