Friday, May 15, 2020

Happy Friday and everything...

Hey everyone!  Happy Friday!  Has this week seemed long to you??  Man, it has to me.  I don't know why, but it's been crazy long.  I'm really glad it's Friday.  Do you realize we only have 2 weeks left of May??  It seems like while the week went slow, the month is wising past!
At least the weather has continued to be wonderful.  I hear rumors that our summer is going to be as hot as ever, and I'm not looking forward to the hot days.  I know some of you are heat enthusiasts, but not me...  lol.
Anyway - just thought you'd like to know that today is National Pizza Party Day!  I think that's an awesome thing to celebrate - 1, because pizza is just the best thing ever...and 2, because I think all of us need a good party! (as long as it's limited to less than 50, right??  or is that tomorrow?) Which is your favorite kind?  You like thick crust or thin?  Folded up or use a fork?  Did you ever imagine that people could like so many different kinds and eat it so many different ways??  Crazy.  I like the deep dish pepperoni, myself.  Turkey pepperoni with pineapple...yep, it's awesome.  🙂  We even have one we make with eggs...  no rising time, etc.  👍 


I might have put this next one first, but ya know... it's National Chocolate Chip Day - In looking up information, I don't know why they picked today (those all knowing geeks that decide there needs to be a day to celebrate stuff, lol) The woman who invented the chocolate chip cookie wasn't born in May, she was born in June, and I just don't see why, but I guess that's the way it is with most of these 'holidays' lol.  Right?  Anyway - I figure it's as good a reason as any to bake some up!!  (of course it's not like I NEED any, not to brag or anything, but my boss just dropped of a box of Crumbls cookies, so it's all good!!!  🙂

It's also National Slider Day - which I guess we're celebrating tomorrow, because that's what my son wants to make for dinner.  We discovered that if you use the wheat dinner rolls from Smith's, they're the perfect size for the sliders he likes to make.  Coolness...  I don't know what the big draw is...3 little burgers instead of one big one???

And just to be silly - it's Nylon Stockings Day - if you remember this day from last year, it was a big deal when pantyhose was invented and women didn't have to draw lines on their legs...  I wonder if I would have done that??  hmm... does anyone even wear nylons anymore???  (I don't!!)  🙂

Well, no matter what you end up doing today, I hope it's fun.  And that you have an awesome weekend!! 
I wanted to leave you with a fun song to get you dancing...  I found it the other day and it just makes me laugh.  🙂
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxbfyt8Rraw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...