Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Happy Wednesday! or middle of May day... almost...

So - I realized that it's been a little quiet, and that we needed to liven things up a little.  My work has actually slowed down a little after a 2 week crunch, and it's nice to take a breath.  That also means, that I can focus on some silly things, and share them with all my friends.  If you're like the majority of people out there right now, you're feeling a little cabin fever ish and tired of masks, and restrictions.  I think that's our country in general, right?  One of the reasons we pushed against England... lol.  Anyway - here we are, fighting for our way of life, our sanity and our right to shop. lol  
myself, this hasn't been that rough - we have adult kids living with us and we haven't felt too isolated.  We do hate the mask thing though, but we wear them when out on the job.  What's your take on things?  Do you think this is a sign of the times?  Do you think this is going away or is it just the continuation of the times we live in?  Well, whatever your feelings, I think everyone needs a reason to smile, needs to think of doing something for someone else, and needs to know they are loved.
All of you are sooo very appreciated and loved - even if you don't realize it. 

first - there are some food celebrations...
Today is National Pie Day!  As if we didn't already have one of those days... but hey, some people think you can never get enough pie, right??  It's all good.  We had strawberry pie last night.  My son made it for mother's day, and my hubby made cobbler.  When your hubby makes excellent cobbler, which one do you think is going to win out???  That's right... we had the pie last night.  It was awesome though...store bought crust and glaze makes sure there aren't any mess ups!  lol.  (Plug for crusts...they had Walnut/Pecan crusts at Smiths and I picked one up to make the crust.  Have to say, the pecan crust was AMAZING!!  haven't made up the walnut one yet... just saying you might want to try one!)

It's also Fruit Cocktail Day - ugh...  personally I am NOT a fan of fruit cocktail... I'm sharing this as a public service...I know lots of people that like the stuff.  I think it's the grapes in it...mushy!! 

International Hummus Day!  If you are a hummus fan, then hey, another reason to eat it!!!  lol.  We ran across some chocolate hummus at Sams club the last couple of times we've been in there.  Just haven't been able to bring myself to try it. One of the employees said they called down to the Provo store, and they said 'just say no!'.  Apparently they weren't fans...  I'm just not sure I'm willing to spend that much on it, ya know?  Last time through it was down to $3.99, so perhaps it will be even lower this weekend and I might try it.  I'll let ya know...

I also wanted to share something helpful...  KSL published an article on how to deal with sitting too much.  I don't know about you, but it's been a real struggle to sit for the past month.  Partially, I'm thinking it was due to my editing phase where I was locked to a computer for almost 72 hours straight...  I think that would do anyone's behind in...  But I got a new desk chair for mother's day, and while it has made a huge difference...I'm still noticing there's an issue.  Well, KSL posted some exercises to help, and I thought I'd share the link in case you need something to help alleviate that whole situation... 

Now that we have the food covered, how about some humor and silly?  I'm going back to one of my favorites - the old Studio C gang.  They did a couple of tongue twister shows, and this was one of my favorites. we can't imagine what it felt like to have the chocolate dumped all over!  At least we figured it was chocolate...  
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1vFORiad7I?controls=0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay - hopefully you've gotten a chuckle out of that one.  Now we'll shift to a little bit of music...  music calms the troubled soul, right?  Happy music brings us joy...  silly music, well, helps us smile.  I stumbled on this one and it cracked me up... 1- I remember these songs growing up (no age comments please) and 2- the idea that they're playing with plastic pipe is hilarious.  I think my grandkids would have fun with these!! 
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qc2Q85FqW-c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I was wondering how raw their legs were after they finished...  oh my. that would also be a good arm workout.  :) 

So - onward...  I just found this one by MercyMe that's awesome...  possibly shares quite a few of the same emotions you are all feeling.  :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxbfyt8Rraw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and to round it out...found this one that's fun.  For some reason, I've really enjoyed seeing these 'virtual' songs that people have put together.  I think it's awesome talent, and so much fun.  This is the song we'll end with...  hopefully the lyrics will make you smile.  Personally, I don't think Utah has been this bad...we've not been totally locked down, so perhaps we just don't understand, but it's fun to watch how others are dealing with it.  Hope you enjoy!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LpAKcQufacc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And have an awesome day!!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...