Friday, November 30, 2018

Last day of November...

So...it's the last day of November and there are 25 days till Christmas.  I know I'm going to sit at the end of the month and say where did the time go??  This week has felt like a gift of time between Thanksgiving and the Christmas season. (or Holiday season if you celebrate other things...lol)
Our lives have been so busy that it's been nice to have a little less stress going on.  I'm almost done with Nano - less than a thousand words to go, so no biggy.  We haven't decorated our house yet, but that's the plan for tomorrow.  We have decided to do a 12 days of Christmas for someone, and I haven't figured that out yet...  So it's not really going to slow down in any meaningful way, but I'm hoping we get snow.  I hope November has been a good month for you and yours, and that you welcome the holiday season with joy and thanksgiving.  If you haven't heard about it already, the church is sponsoring a Light the World campaign again this year.  It's kind of fun, it's different from the past years in that it's focusing on weeks at a time, instead of individual days.  Here's a link to download the calendar...  I hope you have a wonderful season full of giving and serving.

But for today - the end of the turkey season, it's still a time of family and reflection of blessings.  I know that I am so very blessed - and I am so thankful for all I've been given.  I never thought I'd be where I am 35 years ago. It's amazing!!  My husband has been trying to download the tapes we sent each other on his mission. (you know, cassette tapes??)  It's funny to hear our voices back then and hear how young we sound!  It's us...but different.  He's only been able to do 3 tapes, but it was funny how just mentioning something reminded me of what was happening, and how exciting a time that was.  He'd given me a stuffed basset hound with a heart in it's mouth.  My first thought was what had happened to that??  I can still see that in my mind...  It's been wonderful to reflect on my life with this man and how much I love him.  He's the one on the left, lol.

Well...so - there are only a couple of fun things for today.  First - Stay home from work because your well day - I think all of us could do this!!  I'd love to be home today and get so many things done!  If our bosses would all agree to the use of sick leave, it would be awesome, right??  lol.

and it's also National Mousse day.  Who doesn't love mousse??  Well...I guess there might be some that don't like it, but I love it!!  So...go celebrate being home in your jammies by whipping up some mousse, sitting in front of the fire with a good book and enjoying the day!!

On a side note...Sunday is the start of Hanukkah, and since I won't be writing a blog, I thought I'd share my favorite song of the season.  :)


and guess what...they made another one!!  This is awesome!  The Latke recipe!!  This is going to be a new favorite!! lol


have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...