Friday, April 17, 2020

It's Friday!! not that that matters much right now... lol

Because we're all mostly home anyway, so hey, not a big deal or change, but still...it's Friday!!  I think we all need something to get excited about!  Today is more about movie clips than usual, so hopefully you're in the mood.  I think it's still chilly enough that we're gonna want to be inside and watching movies this afternoon...so it's all good.  Hopefully you've had a great week...got lots done...been able to hide out in your home office.  We have been able to actually get out to schools a day or two, which made the 'I'm at work even though I'm home' a little more set.  Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the weather this weekend, work in the yard, or play with kids...  still can't go anywhere, but ya know, it's outside!!  Just a couple things to share...


Ellis Island Family History Day - I've never been to New York, but one of the things that would be fun to visit would be Ellis Island.  If I remember correctly, everyone who came to the states back in the day, had to go through there.  I can't imagine the crowds and the confusion...not knowing the language, most not having family to greet or help them...  Crazy.  But they felt it was worth it...the American Dream awaited.  Have you traced any of your ancestors to this place?  It reminded me of Hitch...


Ford Mustang Day -  Mustangs are cool looking cars, and my brother had one when I was a senior that he let my younger brother drive to school.  It was fun, and I think he thought he was cool, lol.  That car got passed down from brothers to sons...and I think it's still in the family, after almost 40 years.  I'm sure it's had lots of work done on it, but when Ford realized that they needed to come up with something to get the attention of teenagers, and developed the mustang, they hit it on the nail.  Of course, the camaro was awesome too, and there were a few others...but today is the day it was introduced in 1964.  Crazy to think it's only been around that long...  If you haven't seen the movie Ford vs Ferrari, I would highly recommend it!! (especially with some kind of language filter... it does have language!! 😲)  Matt Damon does awesome, as does Christian Bale.  Here's a clip of that very day...



Nothing Like A Dame Day
- So, apparently this is a big day in Brittain - and in honor of their Christmas theaters where the men play women.  Remember how back in WAY back, there were no women actors - it was all men.  Perhaps this is the off shoot of that...  but the men still dress up on this day (not like their trying to be believable, but silly).  Personally, it makes me think of the movie South Pacific and the musical number.  I'm not sure anyone has seen it that was born after 1990, lol, but they should.  It's so much fun. Many phrases that we grew up with were from that movie - "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" is one of them.  Here's the clip about Dames...  lol



National Cheeseball Day - If you like cheeseballs, today is your day.  Most of us only see them during the holidays...Thanksgiving, Christmas...  but they're good for other social gatherings that we don't have or encourage right now.  But what about a gathering of family in front of the fireplace?  OR TV, or playing games?  cheeseballs are compact and easy to munch down on.  You can make your own with cream cheese and other cheeses added in, or find a recipe online.  Whatever your choice, enjoy!!

Hope you have an awesome day!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...