Friday, April 29, 2022

Happy Friday!

You made it!!  I don't know about you, but this has seemed like a really LONG week!  I have no idea why.  But - anyway, we have all survived, and it's all downhill from here!!  Well...sort of.  lol
May is the party month, right?  Well, even if you're sad to see April go, it's Cinco de Mayo next week, and that's awesome!!  (and if you're a Star Wars fan, it's also all that silliness...)
So - let's get through Friday first.  Lots of things to celebrate, think about and just enjoy.

International Dance Day - well, can't celebrate international dance day without some dancing!!  So, enjoy this favorite clip of mine.  I just love how they edited it, and the stories behind some of these...wow.  Get your dancing shoes on!  🙂
National Hairball Awareness Day - I figure anyone who has a pet is aware of hairballs.  Why would you have an awareness day??  ugh.  😋😜 🐈🐱

Poem In Your Pocket Daythis made me think of my mom.  She was a former educator, and she loved children's poetry.  She always had books for the grandchildren, taught us all to read and love Christopher Robin before he was popular, and kept all of Shel Silvertein's books out for everyone to read.  I always thought the titles of his books were fascinating.  Here is a poem for you today...
World Wish DayThe world needs a wish today.  I think the majority would wish for peace in these troubled times.  I saw an article that McDonalds now has all this leftover food from shutting down their Russian locations...just give it to the Ukraines!!   Sorry, political moment...all done.  🙂


Zipper Day - ever think where you would be without the invention of the zipper??  I'm amazed when I think of all the things that have zippers in them, or that came about because of the zipper.  Think of plastic baggies!  Or a jacket... made me think of this clip...
National Shrimp Scampi Day - oh boy, one of my favorite things to eat!! If you love shrimp (which I do, in pretty much ANY form) this is a great day.  I'm trying to figure out how to get some since my daughter is on dinner tonight, and she doesn't like shrimp.  I keep wondering if she got switched at birth... lol
 
Whatever you end up doing today, hope it's a great one - and that you have a marvelous weekend!  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...