Friday, March 09, 2018

Happy Friday...or you've survived the week, lol

I should say I survived the week, right?  Don't know about you.  Hopefully you had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend.
It's been a crazy week...pack meeting, watching Murder on the Orient Express again, (which is an awesome version of it!! just sayin') grocery shopping and watching Thor Ragnarok.  We'll probably finish it tonight.  I've actually gotten some editing done, but not a lot of writing or painting.  My fingers are totally itching!!! 
And just on an amazing side note - I don't know that I've mentioned it, but I had trigger thumb last year about this time.  Went to the doctor and got a cortizone shot (ugh!) and it was great until about October, end of November.  then it totally went out and hurt soooo bad.  My hubby claimed it also had something to do with NaNo, but I'm not sure, lol.  :)  anyway - one of our retired neighbors had a laser treatment thing that he tried on my thumb in January, and it seemed to help a little...but I was supposed to come every week for about 4 treatments - and then I started getting sick.  You know - the month of sickness that was February... and then when I started getting better last week, I noticed that it's totally better.  I mean, I can bend it and it doesn't hurt and it doesn't stick!!!  A total miracle.  Who says miracles are dead??  Not me!!  It's awesome!!  Had to share!  I have been sooo blessed!!!

Anyway - so, onto the day.  There are some fun things to note for the day... see which one you like best.  :)


Barbie Day - happy bday!  She's one year older than I am...sigh.  Really??  then I'm not sharing the year here...  :)   there seems to be never ending controversy regarding Barbie nowadays...  Personally, I used to have a Barbie and Ken and another couple dolls, don't know what the names were now.  But my foster dad built me cool wooden furniture and I played with them all the time.  I didn't care that they were unrealistic bodies, they were just dolls.  I think we place entirely too much on the toys and body images...but that's me.  Go find a Barbie and play!!

Get Over It Day - got something that's been bugging you??  Tend to fret and stew over things?  Today you are encouraged to get over it!!!  Take Frozen into your heart and Let It Go!!!  You can't do anything about it...you can't change anything (most likely) and you are only in control of you.  Let everyone else go...  Get over it, my friend - you'll be much happier for it.

Middle Name Pride Day - Okay - so earlier we had unique names day, today we get to be proud of the fact our parents wanted us to have long names.  I was named for my mother and I'm somewhat proud of that.  We named our youngest daughter after her as well (middle name).  On our sons, though, they probably aren't thrilled with their middle names, but such is life.  Be proud of who you are!!  You're awesome. :)

National Day of Unplugging - find yourself plugged in all the time??  Time to get out of that.  Especially if you have kids and they are following your example.  There is much to be enjoyed off the plug my friend - the planet is full of amazing beauty and wonderful people.  Make new friends...strengthen old ones...live your life full.  You never know how long it's going to be.








Panic Day - okay, why would you have get over it day and panic day on the same day???  That's just silly. Of course, depending on where you look, it's today, or it's June 18th.  I don't know what the difference is, but I don't think it's a good thing.  Why did I even include it in the list?  What are people going to think??  Oh no!!
:)

National Crabmeat Day - So...I don't know about you, but I like crabmeat.  I'm not a huge fan of it in all forms, but I do like my seafood.  So...what is your favorite way of eating it?  I'm not really into crabcakes...had too many tuna patties growing up.  We usually use crab in pasta salad.  I'm always willing to hear new ways of eating it, so if you have a recipe, please share.  :)

National Meatball Day - meatballs are awesome!!  I love that part in Hancock where the family has meatball night and the things are the size of a softball!  Now that's a meatball.  How do you make sure it's cooked on the inside??  That's always my first question.   We - on the other hand, love turkey meatballs that we get at the store.  I'm not into that much labor to make them myself.  We have them with spaghetti, and we have them in bbq sauce where you just eat them on a toothpick...you know, party appetizer stuff.  What are your favorite meatballs?  Have you tried the chicken ones?  They're darn expensive...

and so... that's all we have of the silly stuff for the day.  I think you need a video clip though...something to get the feet tapping.

first - one of my favorite figure skaters in history and one of my favorite routines, lol


and of course have to have James the Mormon...  :)


What's your favorite Friday Playlist??   of course there's always ABBA... lol

We love that part of the Martian where he's trying to find the least disco music...and comes up with Donna Summer.  Really???  She's the queen!!

But to have a real flashback...  here's one of our favorite music videos... Huey Lewis!!


Have a great weekend.  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...