Monday, March 26, 2018

Happy Monday! It's a new week...

and a new day.  We had snow!  It was awesome, though not as deep as we would have liked. But anyway, now it's starting to clear up and I think it's going to get warmer through the week.  I hope it's nice on Saturday.  I tell ya, we've had some chilly Easter Egg hunts in our family.  It gets pretty chilly on some of those spring mornings....brrr!  But anyway - we can hope.  It's also conference weekend, and Easter, and man - great weekend ahead!!
but- until then, we have a great week to get through.  Today doesn't have much to celebrate, but a couple of fun things:

Legal Assistants Day - these guys definitely deserve a day of their own.  They do sooo much work!  I think you'd have to really like your job to do this one.  It's a LOT of research and reading law books and footwork and stuff.  Hat's off to you!!

Live Long And Prosper Day -  I think it's safe to say that everyone loved the character Spock in Star Trek.  From his stone faced expressions to the quirks of the eyebrows and continual banter with Dr. McCoy, he was awesome.



Make Up Your Own Holiday Day
-  Well, here ya go - make up your own holiday!  I've been sitting in a school next to a SEM class, and the teacher was talking to the students about making up their own society.  Their own language, clothing, food, etc.  Well, here you go, make up your own holiday!  I think it should be ...Eat all your favorite foods day and read the best book . ..no that's too much food and not enough time for the book...  Well - I'll be working on it.  What are you going to come up with??

Purple Day -  Purple used to be my FAVORITE color in the whole world.  When I was a kid in California, I actually had a pair of purple cords.  I loved them, but it was hard to find things to wear with them... lol.  My youngest daughter is a fan of purple.  She got to the point that everyone was giving her anything that was remotely shaded purple.  She has gotten really tired of lavender... lol.  But she still likes purple.  Yesterday at church, half the women in the choir showed up in something purple.  I totally missed the memo!!  I actually don't have much purple clothes right now...  it's a little sad.  I might have to go shopping..  :)   

Spinach Day - Yeah!! anyone remember Popeye the sailor??  What was his favorite food?  That's right, everyone with me...  "Spinach!"  I'm not a fan of canned spinach (which was all he ever ate) but I love the fresh stuff.  In green shakes, in salads, in my eggs, in lasagna... the list is endless.  I love the stuff.  What's your favorite way to eat it?  I was going to show a clip - but I guess it's been a LONG time since I've watched the cartoon, and I'd forgotten how violent they are!!!  oh boy...  not thinking we need any more of that right now.  :)   Anyway - fun stuff. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...