Wednesday, March 28, 2018

It's Hump day!

and almost everyone I know is counting down the days, lol.  Next week is our spring break, and it's been long anticipated, let me tell you.  :)  And the weather is supposed to improve by Saturday, which I'm excited for.  Sunshine for Easter Egg Hunt!!  Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah...oh... sorry.  Got carried away...  ;)

Yesterday had a little bit of a shock...  Remember how I did some paintings for a friend last year?  And she bought two of them?  Well...she had them framed, and then she gave one of them back to me.  She said she just doesn't have a spot for it after all, and she wants me to put it up with my paintings when I do booths and see if it will sell, or encourage sale of my other work.  I'm kind of torn on this...I mean, it's kind of a compliment, and kind of an insult at the same time... 😕 I offered to give her the money back and she refused.  I told her that she's my patron now...  sigh.  Any thoughts?

So, anyway - not lots to mention, but a couple of things...

Barnum & Bailey Day - I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I know Greatest Showman has everyone dancing and singing, but the real story is not quite what they are showing.  It has part of the story, but he was a showman almost from the day he was born, and a bit of a swindler... I'm not sure I'm thrilled with some of the things he did with his employees.  There wasn't the big break up with the singer - they parted amicably, and that wasn't what cost him his fortune.  So, perhaps you'll want to just enjoy the movie and the talents of those amazing actors, and put the real story to the side.  sometimes that's best...  sigh.  Here, I'll post my kids favorite version of one of the songs...


and I think the cover medley is awesomel!!


Weed Appreciation Day
  - I'm not sure what there is to appreciate about weeds.  Why would you have weed appreciation day???  The only thing I can think of is that you can teach your kids to pull them...lol 

Whole Grain Sampling Day - so - I guess this is to promote use of whole grains and to get you to find one that you like.  We use whole grains in pretty much all our foods...so do you?  I remember when they were encouraging food storage and everyone had wheat and there was a big fear that if something happened and you actually had to EAT the wheat that no one would be able to handle it.  Thank heavens that's no longer the case...I think most of us today could eat wheat with no problem.  Well...except those that are gluten free...  whole grain not wheat, lol.

Something on a Stick Day -  So - quiz time - quick, name what foods you can think of that are served on a stick!  Go...  corn dogs, bbq chicken strip things, ice cream, yogurt, candy, caramel apples, kabobs, cake balls...  hm.. I can't think of anything else.  Did you??


Black Forest Cake Day -  and last of course, is this favorite of several around the world.  I think I told the story of how we watched them make this on a cruise with my hubby's family a while ago.  Man, they soaked the cooked cake with rum!  We realized at that point that we probably didn't want to try any for desert on the cruise...  lol.   We usually make it without the rum and like it just fine.  I'm not a big fan because I'm not into maraschino cherries, but my hubby likes it.  Someone else did the cruise last year and thought to catch it on video...so here's your chance to see it.  (I think you'll want to fast forward through it...)


Well, have a great Wednesday!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...