Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A new week... where did the weekend go???

I tell ya, three day weekends are a fantasy.  You think you have this whole day to do what you want, and then you create 'the list'.  This list is to help you remember to do everything that needs to be done.  As a result...your day off tends to be filled with running around trying to be efficient.  And then you come to the end of the day and wonder where your free time went??!!  sigh.  It was an awesome day, I got to sleep in a little, then go shopping with my daughter and then have lunch with hubby.  It was the afternoon that got crazy...  sigh.  The new Studio C was a little on the strange side...
But Relative Race was awesome.  Felt like they didn't get as much information in on the contestants as they have in the past, but it was fun.  Hope you had a great Monday!!

There are soooo many things she commented on at Brownielocks...I'm not going to cover all of them, but the fun ones.  :)


Great American Meat Out Day -  The encouragement to go without meat for a day.  I think it's great if you are able to encourage others to eat more beans and greens.  I manage to sneak one in on my family once in a while, but they are definitely meat-a-sauruses.  We have a saying in my family...vegetarians are dinner for the carnivores.  sigh. 

National Ravioli Day - ravioli!!  Who doesn't love stuffed pasta?? My sister always orders the cheese pasta at Olive Garden.  Always.  I almost always order the alfredo...so I guess we both have our faves.  My family will eat ravioli if I serve it, but they don't ask for it.  Which is your favorite kind?  There is spinach filled, cheese filled, yum!!  (this was from the nibble)

International Day of Happiness - Happiness is something we make for ourselves.  We were having a discussion in our home last week about the constitution.  It says that everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness.  I hope all of you find a reason to be happy today.  I think life is pretty good myself...  :)

Free Cone Day (Dairy Queen) -  Only Vanilla, but hey, free ice cream is free ice cream!  So go get yours today on the first day of spring!  :)


French Language Day - I'm not sure why this needs to be a day...who says French is the most important language??  I think we should have an English day.  Of course, then you have to debate on which type of English.  King's English?  Australian English?  Canadian English?  American English... which of course, has accents depending on where you live, lol. 

Kiss Your Fiancée Day - sad to think they had to have a day to celebrate this... hurry!!  Go kiss your fiancee if you have one.  You might not get the chance again!!  not.

Proposal Day -  And...I wonder how many people wait for this day to propose??  Feels kind of limiting, lol.

Snowman Burning Day -  Well, I know lots of people that are totally ready for this to happen.  They are sooo tired of winter.  Personally, I don't think we've had enough of what we need, but ya know.  This is Utah, we're likely to have more snow before April...  I feel bad for the East Coast...yet another storm coming their way... 😨

Spring (Vernal Equinox
) - Welcome the spring!!  If your yard is like mine, you've already had the crocus blooming and the daffodils.  My son was worried they would freeze and die in the last snow storm.  Nope - they were looking fairly bright yesterday.  I love the spring flowers.  Especially primroses.


World Storytelling Day - This is always on the spring equinox day, and I'm not sure why, but I guess it doesn't really matter.  Storytelling is a great art.  I may be a writer, but verbally telling my stories is really hard.  I'd rather read someone else's work than try and tell my stories.  ugh.  So...go to a local library and enjoy storytelling day!!

Won't You Be My Neighbor Day - Mr Rogers Birthday!!  Happy bday, everyone's friend! This man was the embodiment of Charity.  I thought his tv show was a little on the boring side, but I wasn't a child.  My kids liked it.  And looking back on it now, I think he had some great stuff. 


World Day of Theatre for Children and Young People - I guess this is to boost those who are interested in theater.  I think exposure to theater is important, because it helps them realize there is a large world out there, and there is much to learn and see.  So, while most of us can't afford to take them often, they should have exposure some of the time.  I took my granddaughters to the Nutcracker a couple years ago, in Ogden.  It was fun, they liked it, and it wasn't as expensive as Salt Lake.  Have you taken your children to plays?

World Sparrow Day - apparently the lowly sparrow is an endangered species.  I don't think they've been in my back yard.  Despite the abundance of the stupid magpie, we have lots of sparrows.  So, perhaps they should come count them... 

and just because this sounds like a cool recipe, I thought I'd share:
http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/2018/03/new-and-different.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FEWPjU+%28A+Southern+Grace%29

Hope you have an awesome first day of spring!! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...