Wednesday, March 14, 2018

It's PI day

Or in other words...for most of us it's an excuse to eat anything PIE!  :)   I wasn't going to post today, thinking you've heard from me every day so far this week, and you know, sometimes it's not always a good thing, lol.  People have stuff to do, you know?  Like work...
But there was PI day, and then I discovered it was Ask a Question day, and hey, how can I not share this with others???  so... let's see what we have.

First - have to share the sunrise this morning.  It was soooo gorgeous, just a hint of pink/red on those clouds... ah.


Anyway - so back to trivia...

International Ask A Question Day - This is important because if you don't ask questions, you don't find out things.  You don't get answers and live a life in confusion, lol.  Hm....This means I have to post the Studio C video...you know which one I'm talking about...


Potato Chip Day - I don't know why this day was picked as Potato chip day, it doesn't say it was this exact day that they were created, but ya know.  There are kind of two stories...one - they were created when a customer kept complaining about soggy, too thick, french fries (or potatoes).  And they were created in New York and used to be called Sarasota chips...  The production of potato chips were halted during WWII because they were not a necessary food.  Aren't you glad that isn't true today??  I say you, because I'm not a big potato chip fan.  If have to eat them, they need to have ridges, and they need to be BBQ.  Just sayin.  What's your favorite kind??

Pi Day (as in the math pie = 3.14159265 etc.) - what's your favorite way to celebrate pi?  Pizza or desert?  I think both ways are awesome... not that I like math or anything...who needs math to celebrate pi?? 

or Bake a Pie day (in solidarity, lol) - I don't know why it says in solidarity, but that's what it said.  I like the idea of baking a pie...that's a yummy thing.  If I made a good pie crust it would be better...isn't that one of the best thing about pies??  the filling is like, well, secondary, lol.

Save a Spider Day -  Okay, if you must...save a spider.  I know they help kill all the flying obnoxious bugs...but still - I don't like them in my house.  My hubby is more kind than I am...he usually takes them outside so they can be free.  We had to laugh one time in church: one of our neighbors caught a spider inside and took it outside.  Her husband teased her that she had just killed it anyway because it was cold outside and it would freeze...  sigh.  Just doesn't work either way!!  lol

Write Your Story Day -  What does it mean to write your story???  It means your life story.  You write your personal history.  It means start a journal and write about your daily life as well.  Your grandchildren will want to read it.  They'll think it's amazing that there was life before microwaves and cell phones...  I mean it, really!  Get those fingers going and type it up - it's much faster than trying to write it with a pen...  And if you already do these things, then it means to write that story that's been in your head and needing to come out.  Basically - WRITE!

ke A Pie In Solidarity

Read more at: http://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-march.Bake a Pie Day (in solidarit
Reuben Sandwich dayand last but not least...  the reuben sandwich.  Who likes these?? I think you have to really like sauerkraut.  This day was picked by Omaha - which (in case you didn't know) was the birthplace of the Reuben.  If you like rye bread, roast beef and Russian dressing on your sauerkraut, then you've got the idea.  I like rye bread, and I like the idea of it grilled, but I'd rather have a patty melt, thanks.  :)   

Well...that's the fun stuff for today.  Hopefully you have something to look forward to.  Have a good one!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...