Tuesday, March 13, 2018

People are crazy...

And I guess since I'm a person, that includes me, lol.  But you know, they really do crazy things.  I remember watching Over the Hedge and the turtle tells the porcupines that they were becoming just like humans...they hurt others and film it, and think it's funny.  My youngest son loves to watch the Funniest Home Videos on Youtube.  We were big fans of the show when it was on TV.  But it's crazy stuff!!  and some of it is soooo painful.

but - we are so excited about Relative Race!!  Have you watched the show?? Besides Studio C, (which was a new one last night too - bit on the strange side, sigh) that's the only TV show we watch with great anticipation. We love it.  This is the third season, and it's starting out different from last year, and yet still fun.  There is a father and son team and two sisters on another team.  It's so much fun to see how they handle stuff.  It drives me crazy that we have to wait a week in between each day.  argh!!

Okay - so, enough of that, I guess. There is lots today, but I'll kind of touch only on what I think is interesting, lol


Donald Duck Day - my father-in-law was a big Donald duck fan and we have one that he bought before he died that quacks when you touch the top of the head.  It doesn't look like Donald Duck, but ya know - it's close.  We grew up with the cartoons...and I wonder what my grandchildren would think of them - nothing like what they watch now... 

Earmuffs Day - well, I guess if you're on the east coast, you definitely want to be wearing earmuffs!!  I didn't grow up using these...I always thought they looked weird.  When we watch the older movies where the kids are wearing them, I always wonder if they feel like when wearing headphones...  heavy.  :)

Good Samaritan Involvement Day - This is always good.  We all want to be good Samaritans and be involved with our neighbors and neighborhoods.  It's where we live...we should care for everyone, right?!  Like the Savior says...we should love everyone.  We are our brother's keepers.

Ken Day - well, last week was Barbie's bday, I guess Ken has to have his day.  Have you looked up the Utah Barbie?  We decided there needed to be a Davis county Barbie.  I wonder if they have the same thing for the Ken dolls... 

National Open An Umbrella Indoors Day
- I'm not sure why anyone would think this was a day to celebrate... I don't think it's that big of a deal, I'm not superstitious in anyway - ok, I take that back; I do knock on wood, lol.  But other than that, nada.  So, hey, go open all the umbrellas and stick them in one room and see how long it takes before someone gets poked in the eye!! Or someone sprains an ankle trying to jump over them...  I have seven children, people, I can totally see them having too much fun with a room full of umbrellas... (Okay, yes, about 20 years ago when they were little...they would get irritated now, lol  wait, 20 years???  I can't be that old!!!)

Organize Your Home Office Day
- Yes!  I need this... sad that I need a day to make myself do this, lol.  But I even bought new file folders yesterday so that I could get a little more organized.  I like fun colored and decorative ones.  I hate the plain functional kind...  that's so not me, lol. 

the food bit is something about a coconut torte.  I'm not into coconut, and I don't think anyone I know really has time to make a torte, so sorry - not saying much about that here.  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...