Wednesday, November 04, 2020

It's Wednesday... finally! lol

 It's been an insanely long week already.  I just don't get it.  Yesterday everyone was feeling like it had been a long week already, and it was only Tuesday!  That's not a good sign, lol.  So, I'm thinking we all need a little pick me up today.  Are you feeling it?  Perhaps yesterday felt so long or made the week seem long because it was such a much anticipated date - the whole election thing.  Now that it's over, and we're all in wait-and-see mode, hopefully things will be less stressful.  Ya think?  Well, guess we'll see.

The weather has been awesome, as far as I'm concerned.  A little warm in the afternoon, chilly in the mornings...nice and cold at night (great sleeping weather).  I've heard rumors that snow is expected this weekend and into next week.  I'm not holding my breath, but it would sure be nice.  We need all the snow we can get!

So - onto the celebrations!!  Something to take our mind off of stress... which ironically, fits with one of the items mentioned for today on Brownielocks.com 

International Stress Awareness Day - now, I'm not sure we need to be made aware of stress...unless it's such a part of our lives that we think it's normal.  If that's your life, you need help!!  For me, stress is more a work variety, and not a constant, for which I am


thankful.  All of us handle stress a little differently...and it affects us all different when it comes to our mental and physical aspects.  Expressing gratitude helps, believe it or not.  Sor be sure and express gratitude to all your neighbors and loved ones!  They'll be grateful back...

National Candy Day - I'm sure you don't need an excuse to enjoy sugar whenever you have the chance...  I'm not a big candy eater myself.  If it's chocolate, that's another thing... lol.  I think it's ironic that this soon after halloween it's candy day, and I'm sure it's related to all the leftover candy from the stuff trick or treaters didn't eat.  :) 


What do you think?  What's your favorite candy?  If I'm eating something not smothered in dark chocolate, the only stuff I like is the sour Scandinavian swimmers my hubby gets from Trader Joes.  They are awesome!!

Use Your Common Sense Day- I think it's interesting they have a day for this.  What is even more interesting is that there is such a lack!!  Tell me you don't agree?  So much of the warning on the items we buy is from people not using their common sense.  I mean, really?  Who is going to iron a shirt in the tub?  So...  those of us who have common sense, get out there and point out all the ways to use it.  It's our national duty, lol.

just for grins... here's a video clip on common sense...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D9XF0QOzWM0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have a great day!!

 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...