Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Greetings to the new year! Warning...starts political...

I think it's funny that my last post was on a Wednesday.  Interesting how things happen, right?  So, I've been avoiding posting because I was worried my posts might get a little political.  Now that I think about it, I don't know why.  I guess if I offend the few of you who read, you'll stop reading and voila, no more blog, lol.


However- that being said, with all the stuff that's gone on since the new year, I have to admit that I feel very alone in my point of view.  I don't know why I am seeing things so differently from the mainstream media (which, lets face it, is not very trustworthy) but I am.

I don't get why we have to impeach a president that only has a week left in office.  I mean, really??  What are they afraid he's going to do in that short time, start a war??  Not likely.  I have read the transcript of the speech he gave before the 'riot' at the capitol building, and he did not incite them to riot.  He suggested that everyone walk there peacefully and show appreciation for the process.  Appreciation that there were people who wanted to challenge the status quo, and investigate the process.  These people have never respected the man, have been trying to impeach him from day one - and lets face it, the office of the president of the United States hasn't been respected by a long time by many people.  It makes me so sad.  Personally, I think he's done some good things.  And don't get me wrong - I don't think much of him as a person, I've never liked him.  But I think he did good as a president, and I'm worried for what the future brings.  That being said - I know that if we have hope in the Savior, it doesn't matter what happens, we know who is going to win at the end.  

So - I've said my piece.  What I have to say will never reach the ears of anyone who can make a difference anyway, but at least I've said it.  If some Big Brother is watching for key words, then this post might get taken down, even if I don't mention any names or what I believe were key phrases by everyone, lol.  Guess we'll see.

Anyway - welcome to January 2021.  Has it been everything you'd hoped it would be?  Been same ol, same ol for us.  I'm a bit worried about the moisture level of our state, haven't had much snow this year so far, and that's not good.  And then states like Texas are getting snow, and it's just not fair.  My daughter is in Japan, and the central provinces there had over 70 inches of snow in a storm this week.  We could use some of that!!!  lol

Anyway - a couple of things that I thought I'd share to make you smile.  My hubby found this comedy group that did a couple short videos about business meetings and such, and I thought you'd all appreciate them.  Especially this one...the math teachers I know would just come unglued...
Today is also Make Your Dream Come True day.  So...  do you have a dream?  What needs to happen to make it come true?
It's funny because I was just thinking of this yesterday.  I was contemplating what I've done in my life that I wanted to do when I was a teenager.  I wanted to be a writer - check.  I wanted to be published - check.  I wanted to get married - check. (I know, small dreams, but hey, that's what I wanted) There wasn't much past that, lol.  I don't know that I ever had some big dream, other than religious desires.  😊😇   What about you?  Today might be a good day to contemplate your dreams and what it would take to realize them.

It's also Public Radio Broadcasting Day.  And that's kind of a big deal, when you think about it.  So many people don't realize the importance of the radio and the freedom it has given us to express ourselves and communicate with the nation.  People seem to think it's going to go away in this modern age of streaming, but I don't think so.  I listen to the radio all the time (hey, classical 89 is a thing!).  And, remember Independence Day?  Don't want to be caught having to face aliens without a radio backup.  😋

It's supposedly National Peach Melba day... which doesn't really appeal to me.  I'm thinking lets just have some peach cobbler...or forget that, I still need to make some cookies.  Have you had Peach Melba?  I'd be interested to know your take on it.

So - there ya go.  Keep smiling, working, and moving on.  You're all awesome!
Leaving you with one of my favorite pieces of music...
😊


 


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...