Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday at last!

 Okay - I've noticed that I like to use the exclamation point a LOT.  I guess I like to emphasis things, or words, or whatever, but since you can't see my hands waving, or hear the emphatic emotion in my voice, you have to see it with punctuation.  :)  What can I say...  I'm a writer and I try to give words life.  

Anyway, we all survived!  Isn't it funny how a week seems extra long when it's a normal five day work week??  We are such crazy beings.  A week is still just seven days, most of us just happen to work at a job five of those seven.  I've often wondered what it would be like to have our weekends be in the middle of the week...  would we redo calendars so that Wednesday and Thursday were at the end?  Interesting thought...

So...today is Have Fun at Work day.  I like that...I try to have fun everyday, but I feel this gives me an extra excuse.  🙂  What would you do to have fun?  Tell co-workers corny jokes?  Have a dance party during lunch?  Watch silly cat videos between zoom meetings?
I guess the thing that makes it the most fun for me is listening to fun music.  Have you heard the new one by the Piano Guys?  It's not as catchy as 'Okay', but it's still fun.
I think there should be hopscotch competition... though I wonder if I can still do hopscotch... 😳
Give everyone a fun nickname and see if you can remember them next time you see them.  😋  course...that's probably more of an old age brain strengthening trick, lol.
Anyway - lets have some fun today!!!  You're awesome, you made it to another day!!

It's also National Puzzle Day.  I think I've already mentioned the store in West Yellowstone that puts puzzles together every winter...  I wonder what their count is so far this year?  I also have a couple of neighbors that like to do puzzles.  I think she's done 20 so far this past couple months.  I don't know, I think I'd go cross eyed after two...  We always do them during family vacations at my sisters cabin-no grandkids to lose pieces, you know?  I have discovered that I have to REALLY like the picture of the finished product or if it gets too hard to find pieces I tend to stop doing it.  I guess in some things, the harder it is, the more motivation there needs to be...

As for food - it's National Corn Chip day.  Now, if you like Fritos, which as far as I know is the only real corn chip available, it's your day to go buy bags and bags and share.  I don't eat them very often because they are a little more salt than I care for.  I think it's interesting that the guy who bought the invention, perfected them and became the household name of Fritos, was a non meat eater and believed in eating raw foods and fasting.  I don't Fritos would be one of those raw foods thing... lol.

I think it would be a good day to kick back and relax, listen to some fun music, maybe do a puzzle with friends and family...maybe make some doughnuts and have hot cocoa...  or have some Fritos and salsa and play a rousing game of Klondike Rummy.  Whatever you end up doing this weekend, hope you have a great one.  You deserve it!!
Here's another fun song to dance to... 
https://youtu.be/c6rP-YP4c5I


Here's one more...have you seen the dance off between the father and daughter?  It became viral during the initial wave of Covid.  It's awesome... He totally wins!!
https://youtu.be/3cJzOwQ9eSI
Have a fun day at work.  Maybe you can surprise a co-worker with a karaoke competition.  lol
here's another song to leave you with...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...