Monday, January 25, 2021

It's Monday!

 And that means it's a whole new week of fun and adventure - right?  Hope you all had a great weekend.  It's also the last week of January.  Crazy how fast it went.  Did you all enjoy the snow storm over the weekend?  Some people got more than others... that's just so not fair.  😋  At least we got enough that my grandkids will be able to sled on their favorite patch of hill in our backyard for a bit.  I think they've already killed the grass there...

Not only is it the last Monday of January, but it's also Robert Burns birthday.  If you're a poet aficionado, then you're aware who he is.  I've heard that in Scotland they hold Burns Night, (kind of like our thanksgiving) and have a big meal and celebrate friends and family.  They eat all things Scottish...(including haggis if so inclined - not sure I ever want to try that) and stuff.  I'm not really into poetry, though I have heard of the man.  Did you know he wrote Auld Lang Syne??  I wasn't aware of that till today.  Here is one of his poems, apparently one that's his most remembered.

My Love is Like a Red Red Rose

My luve is like a red red rose
That’s newly sprung in june;
O my Luve's like the melodie
That’s sweetly play'd in tune;

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry;

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only Luve
And fare thee weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.

okay - now you've had your literary nugget for the day... (also I guess Pat Boone sang it in Journey to the Center of the Earth...)
 
it's also Bubble Wrap Day.  Every year on this day I search the internet in vain for a clip of the scene in Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium where his manager brings a roll of bubble wrap and lays it out in a park for him to dance on.  For some reason no one has a clip of that, and it drives me crazy.  If you haven't seen the movie, it's really cute, love Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and Justin Bateman.  It's definitely about magic and simple fun.

Also - today is national Irish Coffee day.  For those of you who enjoy the beverage...have fun.  Here's a clip from one of my favorite movies- Yours Mine and Ours, the original with Henry Fonda and Lucile Ball, where they are drinking Irish Coffee in an extremely crowded bar in San Francisco.
https://youtu.be/Uiqk92r4luQ

Well, here's hoping you have an awesome week!!  Keep smiling.
  Animated GIF

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...