Thursday, February 22, 2018

Feeling loved?

You know, February isn't over yet, the month of brotherly/romantic/neighborly love is still on, lol.  My hubby (the amazing man that he is) has hidden Valentine's cards all over our house and I still haven't found them all.  He had one in my car in the visor that I didn't find till yesterday, one in my lunch bag I found this past Monday...it's been fun finding them.  He's such a sweetie!  I found a frog and candy at the store yesterday in the clearance section (we're bargain hunters!!) and put it on his chair at home.  He asked me if that meant he'd turned back into a toad!  UGH.  I said no!!  I means I'm so glad that I didn't have to kiss a ton of frogs to get my handsome prince!!  sigh. 

Yesterday was  sticky bun day, and I don't think anyone would be thought ill off if you celebrated that today...in fact, it would be neighborly and loving of you to share with someone too...  😊

George Washington's Birthday - I heard a story about Washington on Sunday, that he never wanted to be the man of attention.  When he was dying, one of the people in his room was very anxious, and he told him not to fear.  I thought that was neat...He must have been quite the man to know.
National Chili Day - this isn't mentioned on my favorite food site, the Nibble, but it was on brownielocks, so whatever.  I think it's interesting how many different types of chili there are, and how it's a challenge to make it spicy hot...  I like chunky chili with lots of meat served with rich cornbread.  What type is your favorite? 

Woolworth's Day - Apparently it was on this date way back in the 1800's that Mr. Woolworth opened his first store.  It closed, and he found a new location that went well.  I don't know if you ever went to a woolworths store, I never did.  They were pretty much gone by the time I would have found one.  Just like our grand kids will never know a KMart...sigh.  They have dollar stores and 7-11.  Life is crazy.  I think they had quite the soda fountain...and you used to be able to have food at a counter too.   Not much like that left around anymore...

World Thinking Day - I'm not sure if this is to encourage thought on a world level, or for people to remember the world they live in or what...I don't always find out what it is the day celebrates, lol.  I think it's a good day to remember that we've got lots going on in the world today.  Jesus Christ lives, the Olympics are still going on (even though I still haven't been able to watch much bobsledding...)  we have a living prophet, and my family is recovering from their colds.  😊  What are your deep thoughts about??
 
And since I don't think much of this has been worth chuckling over...I'm leaving you with a clip from studio C...because, ya know - they're usually good for a laugh!! 😎
 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...