Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Happy Tuesday... sigh

What a weekend...and the slow start to a week.  I'm not sure I want to know what else can happen in my life.  I'm feeling a little better today about life, but I feel like there's an edge there.  One of my dear friends passed away last week due to complications of flu.  Really??  I mean, that's just wrong.  I'm so sad.  Yesterday was hard just thinking about it.  And then they posted her obituary, and that didn't make it any easier...  sigh.
http://www.lindquistmortuary.com/notices/Sonia-Hovey

So I felt like I needed something good to think and focus on today.  I mean, I know, the gospel of Jesus Christ has hope and light in it - and I am soooo very thankful for it in my life and the knowledge that she's not really gone - only her body is dead, not her spirit.  But, it doesn't make me miss her any less, ya know?  Anyway - so went and looked up holidays and there wasn't much beside food I wanted to mention, lol.

National Canadian Maple Syrup day.  At least that's a good thing...  there's a big debate, you know, about maple syrup and authentic stuff.  I guess I'm more of a fan of the homemade sugar stuff, lol.  Not much support from me and mine - but I do have some actual maple syrup in my fridge.  I'll have to see where it's made...I got it from Sam's club.  :)

I went to The Nibble - which is a fun food site. They said it was also National Frozen Yogurt Day - while some frozen yogurt tastes sub par, most of it is pretty yummy.  I don't know that it's any better for you than ice cream, but that's how it's advertised.  I saw a yummy recipe at Sams Club the other day where you took Greek yogurt and added honey, pureed some raspberries in a blender and then spread the yogurt on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment) and then put the puree in dots on the yogurt - swirling it around to marbleize it.  then you froze it and made yogurt bark out of it!  sounds yummy to me...  I can't find a decent recipe like what they were demonstrating though, so I'll have to let you know when I make it.  :)

and National Chopsticks day.  Well, that's exciting stuff!
Apparently there are a couple of rules regarding chopsticks...you are always supposed to eat with them right handed, even if you are left handed!  It's rude to elbow your neighbor, ya know.  (which is the same even with utensils! lol) You also aren't supposed to stab your food with them, which I think is a great temptation.  I think it's a great test of dexterity.  ugh.
I like this clip from Kung Fu Panda...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...