Thursday, February 01, 2018

It's February! and Thursday...



Hi all.  It's Thursday!  My family was all bemoaning the fact it wasn't Saturday this morning, lol.  I guess it's been a long strange week, I don't know.  I thought it was a good one, but I guess going to the Jazz game and seeing them totally overpower my former home state champs wasn't exciting...  go figure.

Anyway - figured you could do with a pick-me-up if you're feeling like my family.  This made me laugh this morning, so I thought I'd share.   One of my librarians showed me a clip of our favorite principal and his 100 day shirt he wore last year, and I had to share it with you.  😊

He did one the year before that as well, and it's pretty funny...

Makes you worry about the math skills of our youth, but that's beside the point. 

It's February!!  The month of romantic love, brotherly love, neighborly love, etc.  I always get to this point and think, dang!  I was going to do something everyday for my hubby, or for someone in my family...but I never plan it enough ahead of time.  Do you?? 
   
February has lots to celebrate.  Let's see if they're worth having fun with...

Candy-Making Day -  Interesting how this is candy making day.  I guess it's to gear up for Valentines, you think?  We don't make candy in February, that's December's past time.  Have you made candy in February?  What kind do you make?  I guess we could try some chocolate dipped stuff....perhaps I'll try that with grandkids on Saturday.  😊  It also depends on whose saying it...cause I've seen other places say November has the candy making day.  You know what?  It doesn't matter what day it is on the calendar or on the internet.  It's all a state of mind, and that's what we're having fun with today.  Chocolate!!!

Decorating With Candy Day - I also think it's hilarious that they have decorating with candy on the same day as making candy.  That's a lot in one day...making candy, then making something you can decorate with candy... I'll be they'll be coming out with some kind of gingerbread house for valentines that you can decorate.  I mean, they did it for halloween!

Hula in The Coola Day - The idea is to pretend you're in Hawaii, even though you're not.  Put on a grass skirt, some Hawaiian music and have a party.  Serve some spam, pineapple and roast pig over rice...you got it.  😊   Aloha!!  I like this one!!!
 International Face & Body Art Day
I'm not into the deep intonation of this, just the fun facepainting and arm painting.  I have fun with this in the summer ( I think several of you already know this, lol) and look forward to another year of running around on the weekends.  We're going to be doing the Clearfield City 4th of July again this year, so come look for us.
 
Robinson Crusoe Day - Apparently it depends on who you talk to, but Robinson Crusoe was not the best character, and the story isn't exactly what people think it is.  I guess it's something about being stranded on a tropical island that makes people think it's cool.  They think of movies like Castaway and think that would be awesome.  Ask Tom Hanks... lol.  I've never read the book, have you??

Spunky Old Broads Day - Spunky old broads reminds me of the comic strip Maxine.  She is just hilarious, and can say whatever she wants to say. Alot like my mother-in-law...she figures she's old enough she can speak her mind and no one will tell her she's wrong, lol.  Who do you have in your life that's a spunky older woman?  It also brings to mind the TV show called Golden Girls.  They were pretty spunky...  this is a good example of it...lol
 
Have a great day!!

1 comment:

clarissa said...

LOL on your little comic!

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...