Wednesday, February 07, 2018

It's Wednesday!

And somehow it's gotten to be a better day.  It was probably because of working with such great gals that I do...we get laughing and laughter cures everything, don't ya know?? 
So, just to explain my morning mood wasn't the best.  I had an argument with my son about how much food he was taking for lunch (sigh - you'd think he was 16, honestly) and then another discussion with same son about what time we were getting up in the morning (said son is autistic and gets stuck on things sometimes...)  😏  and I tried doing something different with my hair, with hot rollers.  Didn't plug them in early enough (besides finding the plug in the toilet tank...explain that to me???  They haven't been used in months!!  sigh) and then on the way to work there was a major accident shutting down the freeway so all the other highways and main streets were clogged with people and then it cleared up when I decided to take a side route... 
ugh.
It got better from there.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job?  I really do.  Especially the people I work with.  They're awesome.  😊

Anyway - so it's a great day.  The sun is bright and the sky is clear (which isn't necessarily a good thing as we need snow, but ya know...)  and life is good.  I'm going to go get a salad for lunch!!  can't wait...

There are a couple of fun things today that I wanted to mention...

Ballet Day - I love ballet.  When I was small, I used to beg my dad for lessons, and ballet slippers and stuff.  He didn't have the heart to tell me that I just wasn't the shape for it, lol.  (I've always been chubby)  Baryshnikov was one of the greats...  I think it's the most amazing art form...and there was an article on the internet yesterday about the ice skater who is going to the Olympics that used to train with Ballet West in Salt Lake.  It's kind of cool...  especially since I love ice skating too!! 

Laura Ingalls Wilder Day - Love the Laura Ingalls Wilder books...grew up reading all of them, and then watched the tv series (though it wasn't as good...)  I'm hoping to get my granddaughters to read them, but I'm not holding my breath, lol.

Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbor's Day - I would imagine this is instead of just one finger type thing??  I'm not sure, but I thought it was kind of funny. 

and best of all... National Fettuccine Alfredo Day!!   I have to say that I'm a huge alfredo fan.  It has to be the best sauce ever...and over noodles is even tastier.  Add chicken and broccoli or asparagus or mushrooms....YUM.   sigh...  I think we're having that for dinner.  Well... the rest of my family anyway. 

It's our cub scouts Blue and Gold banquet tonight, and we're celebrating the Olympics!!
 because...in case I haven't mentioned it yet...it starts this weekend!!!  YEAH!!  So...be sure and tune in this Friday for the opening ceremonies!!   But we're having chicken and rice and stuff sort of oriental to honor Korean food...  we'll see how it goes.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...