Friday, February 23, 2018

It's Friday!

This has been a crazy week...  at lest for me.  Hope you're enjoying the weather where ever you are, we are having a lovely winter right now - nice and snowy and cold!!  Kind of missed us in December and January...  although we had a cold snap.
Anyway... fun times.
Got to watch some of the Olympic Hockey last night...and FINALLY a bit of bobsledding (all you need is a guy named Bob, right?) and that was fun.  It was sad watching figure skating, several of them fell!!  sigh.  You want them all to do their best...
 So... some fun stuff. 

first, it's Curling is Cool Day - not only because it's played in the winter and involves ICE...but because the olympics are on right now, and there has been LOTS of curling.  I don't know about you, but I don't know that I could watch this game for very long.  It's enough to drive you crazy!!  You do get to yell at your partner during the game...which there's not a lot of sport where you can do that...and you do get to wear crazy pants.  These people are even crazier than golf shorts...
These were at least themed with the holiday, lol  It almost hurts the eyes...


Girl Scout Cookie Weekend - I know some people have been waiting for this all year.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of a girl scout so far...so I'm hoping we see someone at the store....

Skip The Straw Day - in case you didn't know, there is a revolution to rid the world of plastic straws.  Apparently there are many of them ending up in the ocean and waterways.  I never gave it any thought, but there are lots of fun paper straws out there.  You might order some of them to have on hand for fun/special occasions.  I have straws in my cupboard, but I always forget their there, so the grandkids don't even know...

Tootsie Roll Day - pretty much one of my favorite candies...I'll ALWAYS take a tootsie roll, even though it's more milk chocolate than dark.  For some reason they still taste good.  I like the thick ones, the big ones that you break into pieces?  Yep.  Good stuff.


National Banana bread day!  I think everyone loves banana bread!  We mix it sometimes with zucchini bread and always add chocolate chips.  Which way do you like it best??

well...got to go.  Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...