Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Welcome back to winter!

We almost forgot what it was like.  right?  I mean, kids haven't even had the thought of a snow day in their minds this year.  And at last!  I mean...finally!  lol   well, sort of.  We finally have snow worth shoveling - at least in my neck of the woods...  Makes it seem like it should be winter olympics, if we have snow outside.  😊

Don't mind me...I'm just wearing my olympic coat and badge...no one's called me crazy yet.  😊  Have yet to see a decent bobsled race though.  😞   I guess the only way to really watch is cable.  sigh.

Anyway - and yes, I'm alive, have survived, and mostly better.  I can still feel a bit in the lungs, and once in a while cough - but it's much better than it was.  I had a fever most the time last week and weekend, and was glad it didn't get any worse than that.  My hubby went to the dr on Friday - worried he might have pneumonia, but fortunately not.  He's doing much better than I am.  What's up with that???  😜

Well... not much to celebrate today, but figure it should make a bright spot. 

Best Friends Day - Shout out to all besties!  Isn't that BFF?  So, question to make you think... of your current friends (not just who you have liked on facebook) what's the longest you've been friends with someone?  It makes you think!  I have a friend that we've known each other since before I got married.  Another friend that we've known each other since before I moved to Utah.  We aren't close friends anymore...but we are in contact, and it's kind of fun to touch base.  Friends are important sanity keepers...so be sure and cultivate them.

Chocolate Mint Day - chocolate mint!!  everyone loves Andes mints, right??  Yum.  My favorite hot chocolate flavor it the mint truffle one by Stephens ...  sounds good on a day like today!

National Lashes Day - and for total sillyness...  they even have a day to celebrate fake eyelashes!  I was never a big fake eyelash fan, and I'm not really into extensions, though I know many of my friends get them.  I have a hard enough time with mascara.  :)   I had to show this though, one of my favorite movies, and one of the favorite parts.  What really cracks me up is Lucile Ball always wore fake eyelashes, and here she is acting like she doesn't know what she's doing.  😊  Got to love the woman.  Enjoy!


If you missed them last night, the Ice Dancing was AWESOME!  I'm glad I wasn't a judge, there would have been a tie for the gold.  Canada and France!  Made me remember this from a LONG time ago... (in a galaxy far, far away, when I was young, lol)


So - have a great day.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...