Thursday, March 14, 2019

She made it...have some pie!

So...I wasn't going to post anything today, but then I remembered it's pie day!!  We have to say something about pie, lol.  And...thought you'd want to know she made it safely to her hotel...we got a text about 7:30 this morning (which is apparently 11 pm her time) that she made it to the hotel and had no sleep during layover or on the plane!! oh boy...hope she sleeps LONG...she has no where she has to be or do for the next four days. whew!!

And...the little art show at the school went well.  I did a painting and a gentleman next to me demonstrated the flow art, which is always cool.  Anyway - it was fun.  So many of the students were amazed at the art.  My hubby even ended up doing balloons!  He hadn't expected that...

anyway - so for today's fun things...

International Ask A Question Day -  What is the question to ask?  The time old questions of who am I?  Where did I come from?  Or THE question...

 
Potato Chip Day - everyone loves the potato chip, right?  It's what keeps Idaho earning money, lol.  Well, I used to be a bigger fan, now I don't really eat them unless it's at a party...and there is dip...or they're BBQ.  I can't help I'm picky... lol.   This site has lots of trivia on potato chips you might find interesting...

Pi Day - Everbody have pie!  reminds me of the scene from Knight and Day...
 
one of our favorite movies.  :)  But seriously, what is your favorite take on the number day?  Are you going to be celebrating?

Save a Spider Day  - really??  I know there are some redeeming qualities...they do eat bugs that we don't want, keep down the mosquitos, etc., but I still don't like them in my house!!  Smithsonian site that you might like to read...
My hubby is good at sending them outside, but sometimes even he doesn't give them a chance.  :)   There is an interesting take on them at the

Write Your Story Day - I'm a writer...so I think everyone has a story in them.  Even if it's just about how you grew up, or what your teenage years were like, or how much you loved your parents, or perhaps something fictional is inside you - you only know if you put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard.  It's amazing how once you get writing and see the words before you that you find more to follow them.  Even if you're just keeping a journal, that's your story - hopefully some day your children or their children will find that journal and be fascinated by what you wrote.  I know I wish my parents had kept one.  Along with that, I love this song and thought I'd share this cool version of it with you.


It's also National Reuben Sandwich Day - ugh.  My hubby had one of these a couple of weeks ago, and let me have a bite.  I used to like sauerkraut, but I guess no more, at least not on a sandwich!  those of you who like them...well, enjoy with a slice of pie!  lol  go to Marie Callendars for lunch.

Well...whatever you think you can do to have a good day - enjoy!  It's a good day to be alive.  :)


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...