Friday, March 08, 2019

It's Friday! Winter's not over yet....

So...we're supposed to be getting another storm today.  So far it's been a little rainy...snow in the mountains, which is awesome!  But I'm kind of wary of the whole storm warning bit.  Never seems to work for us.  Just when we think some big thing is going to hit, it peters out and we get s wave by... so not really holding my breath.  :)

On exciting/nervous news...my son got his license yesterday!!  My autistic son that's been working on getting his driving license for almost a year... sigh.  You can all be nervous now... though we haven't let him go crazy.  We're still WAY worried about his abilities...but it's definitely an awesome accomplishment for him!
I'm not sure he'd think this was funny right now though, lol


Well... enough of that, :)  Onto today's silliness.  Maybe something will brighten your day.

Middle Name Pride Day - Do you have a middle name?  I think there's a large percentage of the average American that has a middle name.  My family has a tradition of giving the mother's maiden name to the sons...and the grandmother's names to the daughters in one form or another.  My middle name is kind of a shortening of my mother's middle name.  My brother got my grandmother's maiden name... our kids all got middle names.  One of them we got carried away and gave them all the grandfather names - but hey, that way he can choose which name he gets called by, right?  It's a good thing...

National Proofreading Day - for those of us writers, this is an important day!!  I tell ya, you can proof and proof and PROOF a document and still have it print with mistakes.  :(  it's really frustrating.  If you can find someone to catch all those errors, they are almost worth their weight in gold.  Almost...

National Peanut Cluster Day - yeah!!  um...I think I mentioned how pretty much anything covered in chocolate is among my favorite things?  Peanut clusters were my first love of 'fine chocolates'.  (Almonds have since taken over, but I still like peanut clusters!)  A friend of mine made some for Christmas and they were awesome!!  I am contemplating making some tonight, but not sure if I'm up to the task.  Have any of you made them before??  I mean, how hard can it be...dark chocolate and peanuts mixed together, dumped on wax paper...or parchment, I guess....

National Retro Video Game Day - okay, who remembers Pong?? That was one of my first video games.  My dad got a game system as payment from one of his clients, and that was our first gaming system.  Of course they had been out for a while, but it was still cool.  My hubby remembers PacMan...and Donky Kong.  I wasn't really into video games...I'd rather play the pinball machines.  :)  What is your favorite retro game??  It's one of the reasons I kind of like the movie Pixels...
  
I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan...if he did cleaner stuff I'd like him more, but this was one of his better ones.
 

Tartar Sauce Day - I love tartar sauce...I mean, it totally makes fish and chips!!  I know some fish is better with lemon and sauce and stuff, but fish sticks, fish and chips...yum.  Do you like tartar sauce?
US Snow Shoe Days - and for those of you outdoor enthusiasts... (my nephew would be one of these) this is your day to put those wacky shoes on and go into the mountains.  It would be a good day for it too... or there's the chance you'll get lost in a snow storm...so maybe not!!   Just for grins...if you've ever wondered, here's a video that explores the differences between now...and then...


Hope you have an awesome day and weekend!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...