Wednesday, March 13, 2019

An Historic day...

Well.. my daughter is on her way to San Francisco where she'll be most of the day before flying out to Japan.  She's never flown before - so heck of a way to discover if you like it or not, lol.  I was more emotional last weekend when I thought about her being gone.  And then Sunday night, my hubby gave her a father's blessing, and it was okay.  We were reminded that He had loaned her to us, and now it was time for her to spread her wings and do His work.  She's not going on a mission, but He has something in mind for her...and someone over there is waiting for her.  We don't know what's in store, but it's an exciting time!!  I mean, she's young (ish), single, and she's headed off to the orient!  What an adventure!

I'm sure it will hit when I go into her room and see how empty it is...sigh.

I'm kind of glad it's not me, lol.  I'm in the mood for a cruise, but not really a halfway across the world adventure right now.  :)   At least San Francisco is nice weather today, so perhaps she'll be able to see the water from the airport...

Well...besides the snow storm this morning right when we were trying to get her to the airport, lol...there's a couple of fun stuff to celebrate.

Donald Duck Day -  my father-in-law loved to talk like Donald Duck.  I think I've mentioned we have a stuffed duck that when you tap it on the head it quacks... In honor of him.  My granddaughter has discovered how to make duck sounds, and she does it all the time.  We figure grandpa is coaching her...  :)
Here's one of the classics...


Earmuffs Day - on a day like today, earmuffs are probably a good idea, though I never did get used to them or like them.  They were too hard on my ears.  Do you like them?  Some of them are cute...

Ken Day -  Wow...you mean in a woman centric world there's a day that celebrates the other half of Barbie-ness?
  Hey, you go man!!  He was born on this day in 1961, so he's getting to be an older man...  I wonder if they have any grandpa Ken?


National Open An Umbrella Indoors DayI guess this is to prove you're not supersticious?  I'm not sure, I open umbrella's inside the house all the time...in the office, in the car...where ever it's handy to open an umbrella.  How about you??
 
Smart & Sexy Day - And this is for all of us.  Aren't we all smart and sexy??  I should say so!!  Show everyone you are 'all that'.  Cause you are!

National Ginger Ale day - for those of you who are ginger ale fans, celebrate!  It's good stuff...well, my hubby likes it.  I'm not a big fan of soda any more - it gives me headaches...but I know some people out there like it! 

Hope you have a great day.  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...