Thursday, March 07, 2019

Hello rain...

So...  it's raining, it's pouring... Hopefully no old man is snoring, lol.  That's kind of a creepy nursery rhyme when you think about it...  bumped his head and went to bed and couldn't get up in the morning???  He DIED?  😲
I don't mind rain like this so much...it's not driving rain, piercing through your clothes and soaking you through - it's just rain.  It's not really light enough that you can go without an umbrella, like most days in Oregon, lol - but it's not bad.  So...it's an umbrella day because I might have to go outside more than once, lol.
Welcome to spring.  :)
That means yard work though...and one of our best helpers is leaving next week - so I'll have to get a little bit more on the ball and get out there and get to it.  I saw a sign this morning advertising
primroses, and my first thought was yes!!  I need to buy six of them!!  At least this year we have a place to put them...now that we've enlarged the flower bed around the tree and added dirt.  I can hardly wait.
So - anyway - from the mundane to the fun stuff...here's a couple of celebrations today.  Hopefully everyone got in their pancakes from Tuesday??

Nametag Day - Who is that person across the hall?  Have you met them?  How about across the street?  That person at the gas pump?  Do you want to know their name?  maybe not...but in a world where everything is electronic and we don't interact much with each other, this day was promoted to encourage people to get to know each other and their names.  :)  I like it...I have a hard time remembering names anymore.  I never forget a face though!!

National Cereal Day - In going to the official site... I discovered that cereal was first created as a HEALTH FOOD!  can you believe it???  The sugary stuff that most people eat are FARRRR from it, lol.  Though I think Cheerios is still a good base...  although when I was a kid, there used to be a sugar laden puddle of milk at the bottom...  :)  Loved my Cheerios with sugar!  What's your favorite cereal?  I really don't eat cereal anymore...don't drink milk.  I like to put the blueberry Chex in my yogurt though...  :)


National Crown of Roast Pork Day...  Hmm...  if you needed something different to serve for a fancy dinner, that would be your thing.  Personally, do people even do this any more??

So...so much for today's items.  Hope you have an awesome day!  Stay dry.  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...