Friday, February 21, 2020

Baby it's cold outside...

It's been a chilly week here...and yet, not as cold as my son in Minnesota.  BRRR  I like winter, but even that's cold for me!

It's been a busy week for me...between work and book editing, I haven't been able to do much besides run from one place to the other.  My hubby  has been awesome and supportive -- worries me that he might get real tired of this and not be excited about future books, lol.  If we knew my book was going to be like Harry Potter, I'm sure he'd think it was worth it...but we both know that's not going to happen.  Romance books just aren't quite the money makers as YA fantasy! 

I'm a little bummed because our trip to Japan got cancelled.  We were going to go on a cruise with our daughter.  Yes, you guessed it -- on the Diamond Princess. The quarantined ship of death...
So yes, our cruise was one of those that was cut.  Dang.  I mean, on one hand, we're thinking it's a good thing - who knows what we would have brought back??  Or if we would have been able to come home?   On the other hand, I want my cruise!!!  sigh.  Our daughter is going to come home and visit us, so that's at least a bright spot.

There also hasn't been much worth sharing to celebrate, so you haven't heard about that either.  Today only has one thing I wanted to mention...

National Sticky Bun Day - if you haven't had a sticky bun, think cinamon roll with lots of nuts and ooy gooy cinnamon on it.  We had a brunch at work the other day, and someone brought a pan of them.  They were sooo good! 
I know they aren't low carb, low fat or by any means low sugar - but they're sure yummy!!  And just think of all the nuts on top...Whenever I hear the word, it makes me think of Groundhog day and the restaurant scene, where she tells the waitress that the stickybuns are heavenly.... but unfortunately I can't share it with you because nobody else seems to think it's worth putting out there, lol. 

Anyway - hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...