Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Friday, and Happy Valentine's Day!

For those of you who like the idea of romance, this day is for you.  You may not be in a relationship or have someone who will give you a valentine, so here's one just for you!
everyone is loved - regardless of if it's by spouse, family member, friends, or our Lord.  You are special and loved and today is your day!!  What makes you feel loved?  Is it being given a card?  eating something special?  receiving chocolate?  Try and do whatever it is that makes you feel special today.
 
My hubby made a cute balloon yesterday that was a heart with love birds in the bottom.  It was so sweet!!  He is always doing something like making me a balloon rose,
or buying me dark chocolate from Trader Joes.  Valentines isn't a big day for us because we try to show our love for each other throughout the year, month, week...day.  I remember about 20 years ago hearing about a man that was called the World's Most Romantic Man - or something to that effect.  He said that they didn't celebrate Valentine's Day because they didn't need to - every day was valentine's day.  I like that idea, though if you read my site, you know that I kind of like celebrations, so it's a mixed bag.  :)   But anyway, it's all good.  I hope you have a wonderful day full of joy and love, just because.

It was really cool as I was driving to work, the sun was just barely showing above the eastern Wasatch mountains, and shining on the western Oquirrh mountains...and it was gorgeous.  I often wish I have my phone or camera handy in the car for such moments, even though they don't have the zoom lens to be adequate to my vision.  We live in a wonderful world full of God's creations - of which you are one.  Enjoy the day!

Onto other things...did you know there were other things to contemplate on this day dedicated to romantic love??  Well, there are.  Not a lot...but some. 

International Book Giving Day - because I love books, I think this is cool.  I give books to my grandchildren all the time, so they have books, but it's sad to think there are children in the world who do not have books, and likely, don't have access to them.  Won't you think of helping them on this day of love? 
The latest book I bought was for my grandson.  It was a board book of the monster under my bed series.  It's awesome...  But I still like I Need My Monster the most, although Hey, That's My Monster is pretty close!

Library Lovers Day - Do you love libraries??  I do.  It's something about being surrounded by books and the pages full of stories and information...  there are soooo many books in the world, and so little time!!  I remember Dr. Strange and the scene where he's sleeping but his 'astral' self is reading.  Wish that were possible, don't you?  I heard that a new library opened in China three years ago, forgive me but I am a bit surprised that they would sponsor and build a large library in a communist state.  I'm curious as to how many western published books are in there... 


there are some who think libraries are more like this... lol


But they're awesome.   And so are librarians...I used to think I wanted to be a librarian - surrounded by books all day!  Now I'm not so sure that's a good thing, there simply isn't enough time to read all those books when you're supposed to be helping people find one!  lol.  Especially if you have a scoundrel trying to trick you...

Kind of fitting for Valentine's Day, right?

Anyway - lastly, what day would be complete without chocolate?
National Creme filled Chocolates Day - I don't know why they have to be creme filled.  I'm not a big filled chocolates person, but I'm sure there are many of you out there.  My dad used to get a big box of chocolates at Christmas time from a client or two (he was a lawyer) and it was always so hard to figure out the list of what was what so you didn't end up with something nasty... ugh.  Give me a simple dark chocolate covered caramel, or dark chocolate almonds or simply.... dark chocolate.  :)
so, let's end with some great humor, and chocolate.


Have an awesome day!!


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...