Thursday, February 27, 2020

What a week...and it's almost over!

February.  Can you believe it?  Seems like the month has flown.  Are you doing anything fun for leap day?  You know it only comes around every four years, you might as well take advantage of this extra day.  🙂   It's my sister-in-law's anniversary and they're serving a mission in the south.  I hope he makes it a special day for her - they've only been married like twenty years... lol  (she has 20 + grandkids)
Have I mentioned that my life has been a little crazy lately?  Mainly because I'm trying to get my first round of book edits done, and secondly because we have grandkids living with us that keep getting sick...and children getting sick...and then hubby getting sick.  sigh.  That's what you got to love about large families, right?  What goes around comes around...again and again. 
Fortunately nothing really bad, just colds, and it looks like their clearing out.  Grandkids have ear infections and upset stomachs...  same ol same ol. 
Last night we took a break and watched a couple of movies.  It probably wasn't the best choice, as we didn't get to bed till after 11...I didn't get to bed till midnight, sigh...but they were such awesome movies.  Especially the second one.  We rented Knives Out (my hubby has been wanting to see it again since we saw it in the theater), and then because I had a coupon for rent one get one, we got Ford Vs. Ferrari.  It was totally awesome -- especially if you like racing movies. 
Knives Out would have been better if our Clearplay had a filter for it...it didn't.  UGH...lots of language.  I mean the F word more than once, and lots of manure being tossed around.  
Ford Vs Ferrari, on the other hand - had a couple words, but it was SSOOOOO good!!  I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Matt Damon and Christian Bale.  I think I mentioned before how interesting it was hearing the southern accent with Daniel Craig in Knives Out?  Same thing with Christian Bale and an English accent.  Don't remember really hearing it with him before, and it was fun.  Matt Damon was doing a southern one that kind of shifted now and again, but anyway - it was a fun movie night and then my daughter woke us up to say oldest granddaughter was staying home and could we stay with her?
Hubby and I decided to split the day -- I'd take morning shift and he'd take afternoon.  Only - after we got out of the shower she'd woke up and decided she felt like going to school...  so rousted oldest daughter out of bed and elected her to take grandchild to school and then we had to hustle and get to work. 
such is life of a parent/grandparent, right??  Never ends...

Well - to give you something else to think about besides the coronavirus, (because I'm trying to keep from thinking of my daughter being in Japan to teach English and they've just closed all the schools as a precaution until at least APRIL...so time to come home, right??)
there are some fun items:


International Polar Bear Day - I think polar bears are cool...I understand that they are apparently threatened.  That's kind of the world we live in, isn't it?  We need to remember that we interact with everything, not just humans, and conserve, recycle, etc.  I'm probably ignorant, but I don't think they're close to extintion yet...  that being said, I want to post this in honor of my late brother.  He loved Coka Cola--he drank it more than water, and he collected all things Coke.  I have one of his little Coke bears and we all loved the commercials.  Enjoy! 


International Toast Day - a way to celebrate bread and all we make with it.  Interesting.  I like toast, especially with jam. 

National Chili Day - For everyone that loves this dish, it's your day!!  I'm not a real big fan, but it's an easy dish to throw together if you have the canned beans.  :)

National Retro Day -  And here we have Retro Day...  Retro is cool!!  One of the things the kids were laughing at the movie last night was the remote the son was using to increase the volume on the television.  It didn't really do anything else, just turn the TV on and off in the 60's.  Anyone remember having a remote then??  My family sure didn't.  We didn't have a color TV till the 70's, and I don't remember having a remote till I moved to Utah.  What's your favorite retro thing?
Here's a little taste of retro to help you smile...  most people my age and older thought this was retro!!


Well...  Have a great day!!


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...