Friday, February 07, 2020

It's Friday!

Hi there all my internet friends...hope you've had a great week.  It's been a strange one for me, but all in all it's been good.  I'm glad that tomorrow is Saturday, but it's not much of a change from the rest of my week, lol.  Do you need something to do tomorrow?  Ogden's Union Station has the Winter Fest Farmers Market going, and there's lots of fun booths.  My hubby will be there doing balloon twisting for the kids, and I'll be doing faces, so lots of fun! 

Anyway - onto today.  Here's the stuff I thought worth mentioning...

Ballet Day - I love highlighting this each year.  Last year I shared a video of White Nights with the dance scene between Baryshnikov and the other actor.  This year I want to share another classic...  Fantasia.  :)


Bubble Gum Day - how many of you used to chew bubble gum! I think the fun thing about it was the fact of the bubble.  It didn't taste like anything...  and the thing I always try when I happen to put gum in my mouth today is try and blow bubbles with it.  Did you ever wonder what it was made out of??  I don't know that I want to go there...but I do like this scene from Miracle on 34th Street...  which unfortunately I can't find a clip of.  I laugh every time it pops. 

Harry Potter Book Night - for those of you who would love to spend the night curled up with a good book, this looks like it would be the night to do it, right?  Rainy, chilly weather...good book, warm quilt, cup of hot chocolate or warm bowl of soup...  bliss.  I haven't had that in a long time, lol.  Hopefully someday soon.  Anyway - for those who have grandkids and want to entertain them after dinner, I recommend the Harry Potter movies.  We've been watching them with our grandkids because they hadn't seen any of them.  We're onto the part 1 of the last movies...  Guess this is a good night to watch it.  :)  I'm hoping they'll be interested in the books, their much better than the movies. Last weekend it was the Half Blood Prince, and one of our favorite parts...


National Fettuccine Alfredo Day - of course my favorite type of food...  anything with alfredo sauce.  Although, I have discovered that I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to alfredo.  If it doesn't taste like I think it should, then I don't want to waste my time and calories on it.  A little bit like how I feel about chocolate, lol.  So, I guess the only restaurant that I love the alfredo sauce right now is Olive Garden...and home made.  Where's your favorite sauce at?

well, hope you have the rest of a great day, and an awesome weekend.  You know how!
just want to share this recent video from our favorite erducater in Texas... you know who!!
  Got to tell my hubby to watch this now, lol.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...