Monday, November 25, 2019

It's the Monday before Thanksgiving

and all through the house all the creatures are stirring, especially the hosts!  :)  As the Turkey day draws near, everyone is running around trying to make sure every last morsel of food is purchased and the house is ready for company.  Since we won't be having any company or going anywhere for the first time in like...EVER, I'm wondering how everyone is going to be managing it.  We've always gone to family for Thanksigiving.  Either my side (most of the time) or my in-laws.  This year my sister is remodeling, and had to beg off.  My in-laws are invited elsewhere, and so that just leaves my kids.  2 of them are living out of state and won't be joining us.  So, not only are we not having company, we're just the household.  It's gonna be strange and a bit quieter than we're used to... 
How about you?  Are you traveling in this lovely winter weather??  Of course the snow waited til the week when everyone wanted to travel, lol.  But I love snow, and we aren't going to be traveling much in it, so I'm happy.  Sorry to all those of you who are...be safe!
Also - it's the count down to Christmas now.  For some reason, having Thanksgiving be on the last week of November makes the season seem short.  I know my logic isn't all that logical, I can't figure out why, lol.  We don't do black Friday stuff though...so not really worried about this weekend.
So - to get geared up for the week of stuffing turkeys and bodies, there isn't much to shout about.

National Parfait Day - this is a light lovely way of getting ready for the season of sugar.  Perhaps you could do a sugar free pudding with a light whipped topping and nuts... sounds yummy to me!!  We love parfaits at my house.  To quote Donkey "Everybody like parfaits!"


sorry - the sound is really soft on this!

National Play With Dad Day - this sounds like fun.  The point of this day was to get dads to slow down and enjoy being a dad.  I had the pleasure of watching my hubby play with our grandson and another little boy same age in church yesterday.  They were having fun rolling a car to each other and then it started getting a little giggly, so he pulled them up and had them start doing some stuff and then read to them a couple of books.  It was the cutest thing...and they were totally happy,  Now I know it gets harder as kids get older (believe me, there are times I wish our adult children were younger than 8 again!!! it was so much simpler...lol)  but sometimes its just spending the time with them doing what they want that makes them appreciate you.  So - if you're needing a little prod of encouragement dads (like there's any of you reading this, lol) then here ya go.  Have fun with those kidos!

So - just because it's me, and you know how I roll, I have to leave you with some of my favorite Thanksgiving clips.  Have a great thanksgiving and enjoy family!!

love this one -

My hubby will even quote this sometimes when I have picked up dinner from Papa Murphys or something, lol.

Got to love the Adams Family...


of course we have to have Snoopy...  where in the world did he find that many toasters???  lol


This one I hadn't seen before, but made me wonder.  What would you do??  And why didn't they use whipped topping?  lol



Well- have a wonderful Holiday and start of the season. 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...