Thursday, November 07, 2019

It's really Thursday!

We made it past the halfway mark and are close to the weekend...  I can hear celebrations going off everywhere, lol.  I guess it doesn't matter if you like going the one hour back or the one hour forward, it always messes with the mind!!  And...I still need to change the clock in my car, lol.  How about you??

There's only a couple of things worth mentioning today...
National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds DayIf you like dark chocolate, well then, bittersweet is your thing.  I think it might be a little too bitter for me, but I do like dark chocolate and almonds...  :)   trying to decide how to combine these two today.  What would be your choice?  I'm thinking hot chocolate with almond flavoring...  :)    How about almond joy hot chocolate??  anyway...enjoy!

National Men Make Dinner Day -  I wanted to share clips of men cooking, like Mr. Mom where he's cooking Chinese food, or Kramer vs. Kramer where he finally masters french toast...but I can't seem to find anything that shows what I want.  They seem to make such a big thing out of men making dinner...but I have to point out - most of the famous chefs are male!!  So, it's not like men don't cook, or don't want to... It appears that most husbands aren't the ones that cook.  They leave that up to the wife.  Now I know there are exceptions to this...and it's a throwback to the fifties and sixties where it was expected that the wife be the one cooking...  but ya know, things are always changing, and nothing is the 'norm' anymore.  My hubby liked to cook when we got married, but decided he didn't want to compete with me, so he basically stopped.  He claims he'd starve to death if left on his own now... lol.  I doubt it.  He makes a mean sloppy joe!!!

Have a great day.


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...