Monday, November 04, 2019

It's Monday. Are you glad?

It's the day after Daylight savings ends...and one of my favorite times of the year.  I love having an extra hour to sleep - because that's usually what I do with it, lol.  Not the best, but ya know.
Hopefully you all got a great nights sleep!  I found this crazy article about how DLS came into being, and while I knew some of it, I didn't know the whole of it, and thought you might enjoy the knowledge as well...


Did you over do on the Halloween candy?  Did you have a great party?  Today is National Candy day...which I'm sure is because everyone just ate all the candy they could stand and are probably still feeling the effects.  Thankfully, I don't really like candy any more, tooo sugary and I don't like milk chocolate, so it's not a problem for me.  My kids, on the other hand...would eat it till they got sick.  Fortunately no one threw up during the weekend, though my grandson had issues out the other end...  Glad I didn't have to deal with it.  :)

So - just wanting to give you a reason to start off the week with a smile.  today is also Easy Bake Oven Day...and for those of you who remember, that was a fun little toy that us girls (generally...I don't think my brother ever wanted to play with it) could mix up a little cake or cookie and bake it in our own little oven and pretend to cook way before we were big enough to do it in the real kitchen.  Then we grow up and get to do it all the time...and it's not always as fun, right?  But there are days. 

I guess it's time to start showing my oldest granddaughter some stuff in the kitchen...  if I can let go of control.  It's all about control, and I'm not real good at letting other people in my kitchen.  sigh.

Today is also Traffic Directors day.  Well, when I looked it up, I was thinking they meant like traffic cops.  Nope - they're talking about business traffic.  Well...  I'm celebrating the traffic cop.  This is a cute clip of a woman traffic cop in NY.

here's one of a male one that has become an icon as well.  These people are amazing.  :)  How come they don't have them out here???


Well, hopefully that gave you something to smile about today.  Have a good one!!





No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...