Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Celebration of Candy and all things dress up!

yes, in other words, happy Halloween to all of you who like to collect free candy and dress up to pretend to be something other than you are... lol.  Hey, I like to dress up too, so no judging going on here!! 

This is one of the days that I love working for a school district - I get to see some sooo cute costumes!  And the teachers get to dress up as well.  I should say it as 'get' to  because some of them would rather not.


My grandchildren got dressed up this morning to go to school, and I snapped a photo before they left because I knew I wasn't going to make it to the parade.  I'm going to have to put more thought into it next year!!  but aren't they cute??  sorry it's blurry...blame the photographer who was just barely awake and crappy lighting, lol.




the little unicorn on the left had her bday yesterday - she's a big 6 years old.  The Cat is 9 and the little dragon is 3 as of two days ago.  I can't believe how their growing up!


Books For Treats Day - This is an idea that started ten years ago, and it's kind of cool.  The idea of giving kids books instead of candy is awesome.  I know lots of kids aren't thrilled with the idea of not getting candy, but they get enough of it from other sources anyway.  So - if you have lots of kids books and no grandkids, why not give them out instead of candy??  We don't get trick or treaters at our house, we live on too rural of a street and the houses are too far apart.  But - it's a great idea!!

Halloween or All Hallows Eve - everyone knows what today is in the United States.  Did you know that this holiday is growing to be the number one for spending - second only to Christmas??  Crazy.  It's the costumes and stuff.  Remember when we were growing up and costumes were whatever you could throw together?  I didn't know anyone that bought costumes.  Or, if they did, they were cheapy plastic stuff.  Or- their mom was a seamstress that loved to sew fancy stuff.  usually it was simple stuff with makeup, witch hats, etc.  There's some pretty fancy stuff out there now...  Note photo above...  lol  there are no less than seven kidos at the school I'm at this morning with the air filled costumes that look like dinosaurs or a unicorn.  I guess that would keep you warm!!


National Caramel Apple Day - It's also national candy apple day too, depending on which site you refer to.  Personally, I like caramel apples better than candy apples.  My son has bought them on two different nights and cut them to share.   He's pretty generous!! 

National Doorbell Day - in honor of the workout the doorbell will get tonight, I guess.  Not our doorbell!  Do people ring yours or knock on the door?  And talking of knocking...

It's also National Knock-Knock Jokes Day.  I still think my favorite is from the movie Home.


National Magic Day - and of course, magic goes with halloween, right?  My favorite spells/magic people are from Hocus Pocus... I guess Harry Potter is good too, but Hocus Pocus is more fun.  :)


Well, since the world series ended last night (Wasn't that AWESOME?? The Nationals WON!!) what's the plan for viewing tonight?  Are you the kind to watch scary movies for halloween?  I used to make my kids put all the leftover halloween candy into a bowl and then we'd all munch and watch some scary movie.  If there was any left, it got tossed.  I hated having pieces of candy left around the house to attract ants and mice and go stale, etc.  They seemed to like the tradition!  My autistic son keeps wanting to do the same thing.  We reminded him this year that we don't have a big bowl of candy because they don't go trick or treating, we don't get trick or treaters and so the bowl of candy is pretty much out.  Last year they all went and bought a bag of candy to make a big bowl so that they could munch.  Sigh.  Adult children can be soooo clueless sometimes.  :)

Well... whatever your choice for the evening, hope it's a great day and awesome weekend!  Some of us have the day off tomorrow...  :)


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...