Tuesday, October 01, 2019

It's Tuesday and October... where has the time gone??


So, we jump into fall with nice brisk temps.  Anyone else have frost on their cars this morning?  I really miss parking in my garage...sigh.  I'm looking at October and wondering where the time went.   September was a blink of an eye!  Good grief.

So - some fun stuff to celebrate, commemorate, yada yada...

CD Player Day - I remember when CDs came into being and we thought it was crazy and would never last.  We liked cassette tapes - well, when they didn't get twisted.  Then there was the CD player that you could carry with you, that was awesome...  I always think of Back to the Future with Michael J Fox popping the cassette into the player.  Anyone remember a scene with a CD player?
Here's a great clip from the Piano Guys...putting their CD in and dancing!


International Coffee Day - For those of you who like those beans, here ya go, this day is for you.  Enjoy!  Personally, I have a hard time smelling coffee...ugh.  I walk by the aisle in the grocery store and it's soooo strong!  I love this scene from George of the Jungle.  Unfortunately I can't find it in English... hopefully you'll get the gist.

java java java java java....

International Music Day -  I think the ideal behind this is cool.  This started in 1975, and was promoted to try and bring peace and culture to the people around the world.  It was supposed to encourage composers, artists, etc. to share with everyone and there was supposed to be a moment of silent among everyone while they listened to music being played in the city squares or whatever.  I wish they were doing something about it around here....   makes me think of this scene in Jungle to Jungle.  :)  Love music in the parks.


Model T Day -
On this day in 1908 the Model T was introduced to the public.  Apparently withing days there were over 15000 orders.  This car changed the face of America, and ultimately how Americans wanted to get around. Everyone wants a car!! Remember Karate kid?

I love the lessons Mr. Miyagi teaches him.  And...the appreciation of the kid.  Don't see that now a days much... right?

National Book It! Day - One of the best promotional programs by a corporation - the Book It! Day created by Pizza Hut was an awesome idea.  I have no idea if it's still going on, but I know my kids loved earning those personal pan pizzas.  Every body read!!  (eating pizza at the same time isn't that bad of an idea...  lol)

National Fruit At Work Day - seriously??  Why do you need to promote fruit at work?  Is that like promoting water and or veggies??  How about a drive by fruiting?  lol



National Lace Day - do you know that the art of making lace is rapidly disappearing?  My sister does tatting, which is another form of lace, and she doesn't do it a lot anymore, it does take a lot of time.  Lace is a wonderful thing.  I think it is an addition of civility...but that's me.  I love lace.

National Walk Your Dog Day - apparently this is Walk Your Dog week...and there is some debate as to if this is walk your dog day, or if it's in February.  Personally, I think October is a better month for it... can usually have warm enough weather to be outside.  Not much of a guarantee with February...
But I don't think this is the way they had in mind, lol


Willy Wonka Day - I don't know if I've ever read the book.  I love how they have adapted so many of his books to movies, and I feel a little guilty, but not much.  Willy Wonka is probably my favorite.  Especially with Gene Wilder.  I'm sorry, but the Johnny Depp version just does NOT fill the same spot for me... I've heard many say it's truer to the book...oh well.  Gene was awesome...


National Homemade Cookies day -  Cookies!!  Cookie monster!!  sugar and chocolate and everything together...  Got to make cookies...  what if it were a diet plan???


Pudding season begins!! - what is your favorite type of pudding?  I love bread pudding, which is crazy, I hate soggy bread - which is one of the reasons I don't like regular stuffing.  I guess, however, I like it if it's sweet, as in our family's tradition of pineapple stuffing for thanksgiving instead of regular stuff.  interesting...   Anyway - I love pudding, especially the warm stuff in the colder weather.  Do you ever make it from scratch?  It's a little more complicated, but soooo good.

Well... probably enough about food and chocolate and stuff.  Hope you have a great day!!  It's sun shinny, leaves are changing...life is good!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...