Friday, October 11, 2019

Qucik Friday!

Okay - It's Friday!!  for some reason this week has seemed long - has it to you??  It's not like this is going to be a relaxing weekend, but I guess I've been looking forward to it.  Hope you have some great plans!  Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.  :)

So - like I said, quick bit, so here is the stuff I wanted to share -

National Family Bowling Day -  I haven't been bowling in so long - but it's a fun family activity.  My hubby is really good at it.  We have fun with the Wii bowling - but it's not the same thing.  :)  I was hoping to share a clip from Return to Me where she and her family/friends are bowling.  It's hilarious, but apparently no one else has broken that down into a clip.  If you have the movie, today would be a good day to watch it!  Or - better yet, if you have a bowling alley close, go do the actual thing!
Here's where the bowling is in the trailer...


Southern Food Heritage Day -  What comes to your mind when you think about southern food?  It's interesting that our nation is defined by region and by food...  you mention fried chicken?  It's SOUTHERN fried chicken.  You mention pizza?  It's a CHICAGO deep dish pizza.  You talk about Tacos??  Well, that's anywhere from California to Arizona, or even Texas - but it's western food.  There are lots of food that seems to be southern rooted.. Grits, corn pone, fried chicken, LARD (ugh) etc.  I have a friend that is from Arkansas (which I guess is south, I would have thought it was more central...but then I also figure the Bay Area to be central California, NOT northern - and I grew up there, lol)  Anyway - she talks about grits and fried stuff in LARD and mayo slathered stuff.  I have tried grits, and just don't get it.  I probably haven't had it properly cooked...  I love this bit in The Help where she teaches her how to cook...


So - whatever it is you like from the south - today would be the day to eat it!  :)

World Egg Day -  Apparently eggs are the thing - right?  A while ago the only thing good about the egg was the whites...and now the yolk are good - depending on who you talk to.  Moderation, right?  Well, I love deviled eggs...scrambled eggs...over easy with soft yolks...  boiled eggs I take out the yolk and give it to my hubby or son - too try.  What's your favorite way to eat eggs??  I love eggs Benedict as well...  Remember Runnaway Bride?  She always ate the eggs her fiance's ate.  I like how she finally decides the only eggs she likes are eggs Benedict.  Good taste!


National Sausage Pizza Day - If you like sausage pizza, here ya go.  I think it depends on the sausage, myself.  We had pizza last night because we were doing a booth and I didn't want to starve till 9pm.  I think we're having soup tonight...does it count if it has sausage in it??  :)

World Dulce de Leche Day - I always thought it was something to do with milk, but I had no idea that it was sweetened condensed milk cooked IN THE CAN for hours till it carmelizes.  How crazy is that???  I realize I'm probably slow to the scene of that, but I think it's crazy.  Interesting how it's a world recognized item...   So - if you like that stuff, there ya go!  I'd recommend starting on it pretty soon, lol.

Well...  Not as quick as I had originally intended, but short.  Have a great weekend and a lovely day!!


Dulce de Leche Day

Read more at: https://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-october.asp
Dulce de Leche Day

Read more at: https://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-october.asp
Dulce de Leche Day

Read more at: https://www.thenibble.com/fun/more/facts/holidays-october.asp


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...