Tuesday, October 22, 2019

World Series starts today!!

Okay - I know it's not really a 'world series' as in different countries compete... I don't get how they get away with calling it that personally...but that's my own psychosis, lol.  You would think Japan would object - they are big base ball fans too.

ANYWAY - totally got sidetracked there.  sigh.  So - world series time is big in our house.  My hubby doesn't watch baseball any other time because we don't have cable or dish or whatever, and so we can't watch games.  Once in a while we'll catch a BYU game, but that's not the same to me.  I try and take him to a Bee's game once a year, but that doesn't always happen.  Last year we got to go for free - it was awesome!!  So...to make a long story even longer...we buy Canada Dry to drink (remember, he's a Canadian at heart - and it hails back to the 90s when the Blue Jays won the world series.  :)  ) The teams this year are Washington Nationals and Houston Astros.  Who is your pick?  It's hard because we usually like Texas, but I don't rememberWashington making it to the series...like ever, so I always root for the under dog.  Did you know they pick home field advantage based on how they've had a season??  So that's lame...should be a coin toss, lol.
So anyway, we always have chili dogs and baseball food.  I have it totally planned out this time...and I think I've got everything we need, except the peanuts!
And today is National Nut Day!  So, I'm going to have to grab some peanuts in shells for him to munch on.  It's tradition!  So much of baseball is all about tradition, right?  (baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and...)  I'll bet everyone knows the words to "Take me out to the ball game..." 

We have so many favorite baseball movies...  which is your favorite??
Here's a couple of favorite scenes...

Love the Rookie!!

I think everyone loves the Sandlot!

I also loved Field of Dreams...


Okay - I could go on forever, so I'll get back to the day to day stuff, lol.  Last thing to comment on is 
Smart is Cool Day - smart is always cool.  I guess back in my day it wasn't so cool to the 'in' crowd, but if you wanted to get anywhere, it helped to be smart.  Makes me think of the music video by Weird All...  White and Nerdy...


I think it's cool to be smart.  There's just a gene sometimes that lacks the social cues... makes me think of Big Bang theory...  Have you ever watched that show?  I don't, but I have seen this particular scene and it makes me laugh...


Well...  Have a great day, and remember to watch the game tonight!!  I'll be rooting for the Nationals.  just watch...my hubby will root for Houston...  sigh. 


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...