Tuesday, October 29, 2019

We Have Snow!

Not very much - it's just a skiff, but it's cool and I'm excited.  I remind myself that it will melt and go away before the end of the week, if not today, and winter hasn't quite started yet, but it gives me hope.  Yes, I love winter and spring and fall...  summer is too hot!  sigh.

And just a couple quick things today -
Internet Day - of course we all now take the internet for granted...but you realize that only 20 years ago it was not as accessable, right?  We moved from Salt Lake and I had a part time job doing data entry on our computer and then sending it back via internet.  That was the day of the dial up modems and such.  Only five years before that we hadn't had internet, only a computer that we sort of played games on and I did a little writing.  When we got married, there was no internet yet...just the new PC and word processing. We thought cable was awesome and we rented VHS movies from Blockbuster.  😁 My how the world has changed!!  Before the Internet, there was the intranet, which there was a big article on KSL about how the U was part of that whole beginning.  Amazing stuff... we live in the day of science fiction.
I remember when this movie came out, we thought it was sooo cool.  Now it's old stuff and kids wouldn't even understand what he was doing...  (which was a bad thing, lol)


National Cat Day -  I used to be a BIG cat lover.  We've had cats since we got married...and one by one they have finally died off and we aren't such big fans anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I love kittens!!  oh my they are so cute!  but full grown cats??  They get on the nerves.  sigh.  If they use the litter box and stay off the counters, I might like them again... lol.  My daughter has three growing kittens that are so cute..but they are rapidly reaching the cat stage.  We were working on her house last night (it's in a late stage remodel) and this one cat is an escape artist.  The rest of them are confined to the basement, but this one always seems to find a way upstairs.  So she sat and purred and bugged and jumped on us all the time we were there.  Once she jumped on me from a shelf and the other time she jumped up from the floor and clawed her way up to my shoulders.
I like cats in movies better...at least the animated ones.  I love the Secret Life of Pets and Chloe.  She's soooo typical.  This is a compilation of her...

but my husband can never get enough of this scene



National Oatmeal Day - I love oatmeal.  I like it with all the toppings!!  Raisins...nuts...blueberries...maple syrup...cinnamon...the list can be endless.  How do you like your oatmeal??  I also like oats in cookies, and we put it in our banana bread, etc.  Have you tried the overnight ones in the fridge?  Those are yummy too, but better when it's hot.  Today would be good to have a nice steaming bowl of oatmeal with all sorts of toppings.  Enjoy!

Have an awesome day.... and if you're watching the world series tonight, I hope whichever team you're rooting for wins!!  Personally, I'm thinking the Nationals might not pull it off...  😪

And it's my grandson's bday...  can't believe how fast he is growing.  He's such a cutie!!








No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...