Thursday, October 24, 2019

Do you Feel AWE?

A coworker shared a link of a study done about how people need more Awe in their lives.  I thought it was an awesome thing, and there's a link to a quiz to see how much awe you have in your life.  I wanted to share it with you...so here ya go - go find out if you need more awe in your life!
https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/what_awe_looks_like_in_the_brain

I got a pretty good score - which didn't really surprise me because I'm always the first to point out amazing cloud formations to my family...or ooh and ahhh over the colors of fall on the mountains.  I think our planet is amazing!! And I really appreciate where I live and the views of the mountain and the lake...  sigh.  It's a gorgeous place, really.  I wish I had photos that did it justice... but here are some that were submitted to KSL that you can enjoy!
https://www.ksl.com/weather/photoContest/gallery/10/2019

and one of my own



And - before heading into other stuff - if you haven't been watching the World Series, you're missing out!  Last night's game was amazing!!  The Nationals are doing AWESOME!!  Here's a highlights of last night... 

 
  (a point of awe, right??)  My hubby is pretty bummed about his team not doing as well...  I'm hoping they at least win one game...
so, anyway -  onto more mundane things...lol


Today is also National Bologna Day.  Now - as an adult, I don't eat much bologna.  I did when I was a teenager... we used to fry it up for sandwiches.  I discovered mayonaise with bologna and wondered where the stuff had been all my life!  (I'd been raised eating miracle whip - ugh!  couldn't stand the stuff and still don't like it.  Mayo is the best!!)  My son still likes it, though I guess he won't eat it every day.  I remember we also used to put potato chips on our sandwiches too.  Did you ever do that??

It's also Good and Plenty day.  If you like the candy, then I'm sure you're thrilled.  I've never really been a good and plenty fan, so no biggy to me. Apparently the stuff has been around since 1893... 🙂  Part of the reason is I'm not a dark licorice fan.  I love red licorice - but can't stand the black stuff.  The only time I've liked the flavor is when of my co-workers made licorice flavored caramels.  Oh my!!  Now that was something else entirely...
Well... have a wonderful day!!  Find some awe and soak it up.

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...