Friday, October 25, 2019

It's Friday!! I'm so glad....

Have you ever had that week that's been good and bad at the same time??  You think you're doing good and then you realize that you've been brain dead in several capacities and it's not been as good as you think???  sigh.  That's the kind of week I've had.  I hope you've had a better one!!  A teacher and I were wishing we could do 'do over's, but when you get to Friday, why would you want to do the whole week over???  NOT.

sigh.

So - onto bigger and better things, right?  Today is supposed to be lovely, and tomorrow as well before the big cold front moves in, with possibly...SNOW!!  (happy dance, lol)  I know...four letter word, I know...  (my daughter hates driving in it.)

Tomorrow is also the bison roundup on Antelope Island for anyone who is looking for things to do.  It should be fun!

Today is also game 3 of the world series, so we all know what's going on tonight!  And tomorrow, actually...we have a family gathering and I'm wondering how well my brother will accept the fact that we need to watch the game instead of some movie...  🙂 😏

I guess I'll share the couple of fun things and get going with the day.

Frankenstein Friday -  So - the last Friday of October is THE day to celebrate this fictional character.  There has been so many adaptations of this book that I wonder if the author would recognize them today.  We used to like Young Frankenstein when we were younger, and then when we started having children we realized it's really NOT a good film for children...  actually quite inappropriate, but when you consider the director and most the actors involved, yeah...no surprise.  I think the version we like best is the one in Van Helsing. I wanted to show the clip from when Van Helsing is releasing Frankenstein (the monster) from the vampires but it doesn't seem to be a clip someone wanted.  sigh.  Anyway - it's a good halloween movie to watch!!

International Artists Day - Apparently this day was created to encourage and recognize the contributions of artists to society in general.  There is even a website dedicated to it...  Being an artist, I think this is kind of fun.  I hope you'll check out local artists and support them.  Here's a shameless plug for my website...  

National Breadstix (Bread Sticks) Day -  Looks like this is another last Friday of the month type day...  I can't seem to find out why or when it started, but oh well.  I'm not one to complain about breadsticks - I love anything bread pretty much, and I love some good breadsticks (though don't talk to me about the skinny crispy might-as-well-be-a-cracker stuff...). 

When we had our pizza joint we used to make an awesome alfredo cheese sticks that were a big item.  Our kids still miss those breadsticks...  Hmmm  Might have to come up with something tonight that might be passable.
  Anyway - if you go to Olive Garden you know you'll get free breadsticks with your dinner...  and looks like if you order Little Ceasars (ugh) you get free breadsticks today.  So - thoughts to consider, lol.

World Pasta Day - The idea of going without pasta, I admit - is a very difficult proposition.  Pasta is one of my favorite carbs...along with bread.  So - I try to be healthy and buy the whole grain or whole wheat ones.  My family grumbles a little, but hey, they figure pasta is pasta, lol.  I had planned this weeks menus before knowing that it was world pasta day, or I would have definitely made chicken alfredo with bow ties!!  (that's on the menu for another day - didn't quite think it was baseball food, go figure)  I wish I was ambitious enough to make my own, but our pasta machine lost it's handle somehow and we need to get a new one.  sigh. 

National Greasy Foods Day  -  I don't know why this would be a day, but as I was reading on one site - anyone can create a day any time they want to, it doesn't take an act of congress or the president.  Where's the fun in that??  I mean, I guess I could make my own day...a Pasta foodie day...or the cooking artist day...  what day would you come up with??  So, greasy foods go with baseball, but we're having philly steaks, so no greasy stuff on our menu.

Hope this gives you some ideas for the night and weekend...hopefully you'll have a great one and be ready for another round next week.

Enjoy some fun from Robin Williams and food...

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...